The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] NHL Sells Naming Right to Divisions

Rate this topic

BoKnows

I would think it would be Hockey Related Revenue(HRR) which would be split 50/50 between the Owners and the players

I have no problem with it

Has anybody even complained about the ghost ads on the glass in the arenas when watching on TV?

Without fans in the stands, something must be done to pay for this.

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

BTW if anyone thinks this is temporary I have a 35-year-old Swedish LW power forward to sell you. 

Sadly, you are probably right.  

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

IMO, this is worse than the helmet ads.  

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Pretty much this, accessing these revenue streams is like an opening of Pandora's box. 

it is, but I also don't see how tv revenue alone gets the players paid. We can blame the owners all we want, but the players want their $ too. 

• Cheers 1

Based on the logos, it's still the North division, West division, etc. Company names underneath don't look bad at all.

Obviously fans don't want to see ads, but between these and the helmet ads I think the NHL is going about it in the least obtrusive way possible.

• Upvote 2

I’m fine with the named divisions. The stickers on the helmest make me sad.

Gotta say I actually initially thought the Caps ”Capital One” helmet looked good and stylish. Didn’t bother me at all. Now when I scrolled through all the ones that are there - oh my...!

I definitely understand and get that this is needed at this time to keep the business side rolling. And if it stays for good, ok. But only on the lids please!

Edited by Spoosh