The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Bucket List Thread

Sean Monahan

Seeing @RUPERTKBD mention the Spengler Cup in the US Politics thread had me thinking of this. To me, experiencing the Spengler Cup in Davos with those electric crowds is something I'd love to do. It's not necessarily tops of my bucket list but it's definitely something I want to do.

I want to hear other people's bucket list ideas, I think it could make for a good idea. We're all different ages and come from different walks of life. Let's hear em. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

Seeing @RUPERTKBD mention the Spengler Cup in the US Politics thread had me thinking of this. To me, experiencing the Spengler Cup in Davos with those electric crowds is something I'd love to do. It's not necessarily tops of my bucket list but it's definitely something I want to do.

I want to hear other people's bucket list ideas, I think it could make for a good idea. We're all different ages and come from different walks of life. Let's hear em. 

It's funny you mention this Sean....right after I made that post, I was thinking this would be near the top of my bucket list....

Switzerland at Christmas along with wall to wall hockey? I could die happy....

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's funny you mention this Sean....right after I made that post, I was thinking this would be near the top of my bucket list....

Switzerland at Christmas along with wall to wall hockey? I could die happy....

Exactly my thinking. A beautiful country with a beautiful winter and some of the most electric crowds in hockey. If I'm not mistaken, isn't Davos situated right in the mountains too?

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Exactly my thinking. A beautiful country with a beautiful winter and some of the most electric crowds in hockey. If I'm not mistaken, isn't Davos situated right in the mountains too?

Pretty much the entire country is, but yes, there's a ski resort close to Davos.

I don't ski myself, but it would be another positive.

• Cheers 1

Pretty much the entire country is, but yes, there's a ski resort close to Davos.

I don't ski myself, but it would be another positive.

I was picturing it more like a Whistler- basically just a ski village right in the mountains.

North European? You mean like Scandanavia?

I still think it would be sweet to see it in Russia. Ideally you see it in Moscow or St Petersburg rather than Ufa though. As much as the USA has become Canada's rival I still think of the Ruskis as our true rivals. There's no other country on Earth where hockey is interwoven with the culture like Russia and Canada. Sweden's not quite there.

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

A leisurely x-Canada roadtrip while I still have the physical ability (and eyesight) to do so.  3 coasts here, not just two.

Watching the house of cards called the "ccp" collapse on itself while I still have the mental capacity to appreciate it.

Being able to participate in a free, fair, and open election of not just HK lawmakers, but also of the government of HK, which would mean I would need to attain Permanent Resident status there - not sure if I could survive 7 years there with minimal income and without getting arrested under the ccp-imposed nsl.  I suspect the 2nd item (above) will need to happen first before this can come to pass.

I know this thread was started as a hockey event pilgrimage thread, but at the moment my mind is filled with so much more than just hockey.

Nah it's not a hockey bucket list thread. My first item was just hockey-related. High up on my bucket list would be backpacking in Patagonia and a road trip to see a game at every MLB ballpark.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I was picturing it more like a Whistler- basically just a ski village right in the mountains.

I still think it would be sweet to see it in Russia. Ideally you see it in Moscow or St Petersburg rather than Ufa though. As much as the USA has become Canada's rival I still think of the Ruskis as our true rivals. There's no other country on Earth where hockey is interwoven with the culture like Russia and Canada. Sweden's not quite there.

St Pete's would be cool. I'd love to see the Hermitage as well....

Japan + SE Asia (Mid 20s)

Scotland + Ireland (Retirement)

Greece + Italy + Germany + France + Switzerland (Retirement)

Slovenia + Croatia + Georgia (40s)

NYC (Whenever)

Skydiving (Whenever)

Canucks Stanley Cup (Multiple times)

Skiing at Jacksons Hole, Austria, Swiss (Whenever)

Morocco + Egypt (40s)

Going to need a lot of time and money.

Edited by BoKnows

2 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Jacksons Hole

I like your travel ideas. I'm not a skier or snowboarder but I've thought Jackson Hole looked like an awesome place for camping and hiking. My only confliction is that I refuse to go to the US and spend money. F*** those people.

The Czech Republic is right up near the top of mine, and I like your Slovenia suggestion.

Edited by Sean Monahan

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

I like your travel ideas. I'm not a skier or snowboarder but I've thought Jackson Hole looked like an awesome place for camping and hiking. My only confliction is that I refuse to go to the US and spend money. F*** those people.

The Czech Republic is right up near the top of mine, and I like your Slovenia suggestion.

I just watched a video on Slovenia today.  The country is sprawling with beauty.

I've always wanted to see the Tetons, might as well make a ski vacation out of it.  I also forgot to mention Australia and NZ.  Honestly if CANZUK becomes a reality I'd consider relocating to Australia.