The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sunday Camp Cancelled Due To Possible COVID Exposure

Rate this topic

-DLC-

46 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yeah, I feel like we're hurting ourselves by throwing our own players under the bus (don't read my Loui comments...they don't count).

With Jake, there's so much there to harness and it would be a shame to not allow him to prove himself.  Yes, he's done some things but on the ice is where we need to focus (now).  Which is why my comments about Loui don't count...I'm basing them on what I've seen through camp.  I don't care if he was cuddling babies when he left the rink, that's what matters to the team.  Jake seemed to put in a really good effort from what I saw.  I wish we'd cut him some slack.  

I thought Loui had a pretty decent scrimmage.

I just threw myself under the bus!!!!!  I don't get on 100% with other Canucks fans. Hahaha.

Edited by RWMc1

22 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yeah, I feel like we're hurting ourselves by throwing our own players under the bus (don't read my Loui comments...they don't count).

With Jake, there's so much there to harness and it would be a shame to not allow him to prove himself.  Yes, he's done some things but on the ice is where we need to focus (now).  Which is why my comments about Loui don't count...I'm basing them on what I've seen through camp.  I don't care if he was cuddling babies when he left the rink, that's what matters to the team.  Jake seemed to put in a really good effort from what I saw.  I wish we'd cut him some slack.  

I’m still looking at my blank feed hoping Jake will “do something” 

47 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

If I put on my tinfoil hat, maybe this “potential exposure” thing is just a ploy to allow them to cancel camp for a day or two, and avoid having to answer any questions about Motte’s antics last scrimmage. 

I mean, pretty much every day during a pandemic is a “potential exposure.” 

Just seems too convenient.

Had they been forced to go ahead with the regularly scheduled zoom calls, I was expecting half the questions would be about the slewfoot(s).

Now, we’re distracted by “potential exposures,” and not talking about the giant vat of Motte’s Slewmato that got spilled on the ice last night.  

(I’m kidding, of course, but it sure is a strange coincidence that the day after Motte just went ham against his teammates, culminating in Gauds finally dropping the mitts in response, we have this cancellation and compete radio silence from the players and coaches.)

4505E15A-AC16-4396-A299-57E4A28F8E52.gif.90b29d05bb810fbe35d89ad079dac264.gif

(Heavy ;) throughout this post, if that wasn’t already clear.)

Yeah what the hell's up with Motte doing stupid crap like this in a team scrimmage, can't be going out there and hurting your own guys before the seasons ever started?   What an idiot.

33 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It’s too bad there’s a small percentage of the fan base that insists on treating our players as you’ve stated. It’s the reason why we are largely considered one of the worst fan bases in hockey, which is unfortunate when you consider how many good eggs there are amongst us. 

I came to this thread to see if Jake spent a night out at the clubs ;)

This season has me really anxious that one or more of our players ends up coming down with the rona.

I would hate for any of our young players to have long-term complications and have their career cut short. Or any player in the league, actually.

Really hope the league/teams have layers of protection planned to keep their athletes, coaches and staff safe as they attempt to play this season out.

8 minutes ago, ImConfused said:

Really hope the league/teams have layers of protection planned to keep their athletes, coaches and staff safe as they attempt to play this season out.

They had to present fairly detailed plans to the Province for approval, so I think they do.  That was the only way they got it all ok'd to play at home.

I hope/think this is being proactive and preventative more than anything.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

I better not get too excited about this season? Basketball seems to be doing okay?

Lets keep fingers crossed...Will be so good to have a hockey season..

Canucks will be very good...

Yeah but baseball is inherently a physically distanced sport.  Each player is far away from any action (or other people).  Anyway, like everyone else I hope that this is just being extra cautious and the season goes ahead as planned.  It does show that we all have to stay extra vigilant until the vaccines actually get distributed and into people's arms.  Go Canucks Go!

18 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

You do realize that this pic is from the summer camp for the playoffs, right? B)

Oh for sure!   In fact I knew it had nothing to do whatsoever with current events.    That’s an old pic.   I just found it funny.  Whoever posted that pic initially also made a joke of it. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Yeah what the hell's up with Motte doing stupid crap like this in a team scrimmage, can't be going out there and hurting your own guys before the seasons ever started?   What an idiot.

Nah.

Motte did the right thing.  100%. 

I'm not sure it was a "slew foot" - the camera angle, proximity, coverage was not great.  Just playing the game hard, and pursuing the puck like the hound he is.

But regardless, someone needs to poke the Gaudette. 

Green may have even asked.  'Hey Motter, you're one of my hardest workers - can you light a fire under that young guy for me?'

Was being a good team-mate.

54 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I just threw myself under the bus!!!!!  I don't get on 100% with other Canucks fans. Hahaha.

I thought that he was OK in the scrimmages but would prefer him to be on the 4th line in a more defensive role. I know that is not what he was signed up for but unless he is waived and on the taxi squad; I think that would be his most effective spot. That is, if he makes the cut. I am hoping to see 2 lines that can provide offence with the 3rd line also able to contribute a bit as well. That leaves the 4th line as the defensive and PK line. Beagle, Motte and Eriksson being the most suited IMO, for that line.

59 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Not looking to throw you under the bus - but I don't think "decent" is anywhere near good enough.

For me anything less than driven, relentless, determined, 'possessed' - and it's unconditional waivers imo.

2 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I thought that he was OK in the scrimmages but would prefer him to be on the 4th line in a more defensive role. I know that is not what he was signed up for but unless he is waived and on the taxi squad; I think that would be his most effective spot. That is, if he makes the cut. I am hoping to see 2 lines that can provide offence with the 3rd line also able to contribute a bit as well. That leaves the 4th line as the defensive and PK line. Beagle, Motte and Eriksson being the most suited IMO, for that line.

I think he was on a line with Beagle in scrimmage.

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Nah.

Motte did the right thing.  100%. 

I'm not sure it was a "slew foot" - the camera angle, proximity, coverage was not great.  Just playing the game hard, and pursuing the puck like the hound he is.

But regardless, someone needs to poke the Gaudette. 

Green may have even asked.  'Hey Motter, you're one of my hardest workers - can you light a fire under that young guy for me?'

Was being a good team-mate.

It's a bit of a stretch to connect that to "being a good team mate" for me.

By Gaud's reaction (and only through luck he wasn't hurt)....wasn't a great move.

I love his hustle and tenacity....just think that was a bonehead move where he tried too hard the wrong way.  

• Cheers 2

Just now, RWMc1 said:

I think he was on a line with Beagle in scrimmage.

He was but some on here bemoan the fact he also played a bit on Horvat's line last year. He is a better fit now with Beagle's line IMO but may wind up on the taxi squad. Some tough decisions will have to be made in the next couple of days.