The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sunday Camp Cancelled Due To Possible COVID Exposure

Rate this topic

-DLC-

22 minutes ago, xereau said:

Eriksson1.png

Last year I remember I was on my way to a game (park at my son's near the rink)...he wasn't off work yet so I parked in the Wendy's parking lot on Cambie to wait.  Saw someone go in with a Loui jersey on.  At first I was honestly confused....who?   21?  Oh right.  I snapped a picture and posted it.  Rare sighting.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Last year I remember I was on my way to a game (park at my son's near the rink)...he wasn't off work yet so I parked in the Wendy's parking lot on Cambie to wait.  Saw someone go in with a Loui jersey on.  At first I was honestly confused....who?   21?  Oh right.  I snapped a picture and posted it.  Rare sighting.

Deb I’m dying hahaha

• Haha 1

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks-cancelled-practice-covid-19-1.5867988

Canucks will return to practice Monday, following cancelled practice due to COVID-19

Club scheduled to open NHL season Wednesday against Oilers in Edmonton

The Canadian Press · 

canucks-practice-210104-1180.jpg
The Canucks on Sunday became the fourth NHL team to have its training camp affected by COVID-19 as practice and other workouts were cancelled. (Rich Lam/Getty Images)

The Vancouver Canucks will return to practice Monday morning after cancelling practice and workouts Sunday due to potential COVID-19 exposure.

The team announced in a tweet that they will practice at 11:00 a.m. Monday, and a media availability will follow soon after.

The Canucks said in a release that Sunday's cancellation was made "out of abundance of caution" and provided no further details.

The Canucks' decision to cancel practice comes as NHL teams gear up for an abbreviated 56-game season that is set to start Wednesday, when the Canucks are scheduled to visit the Edmonton Oilers.

Vancouver is the fourth team to have its training camp affected by COVID-19.

The Dallas Stars announced Friday six players and two staff members had tested positive for during camp, while the Columbus Blue Jackets kept some of their roster off the ice due to possible exposure.

On Saturday, the Pittsburgh Penguins cancelled practice for the same reason.

The governments of the five provinces where the NHL has a presence have given approval for Canadian teams to play at their home arenas this season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

image.pngFound it!

Actually...come to think of it....maybe that actually IS Loui??!  LOL  "Pre game baconator"

OK, I'm gonna leave Loui alone now.  He's probably a really nice guy.  

Also GO STEELERS

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And what are you doing in a Wendy's parking lot? ;) Sorry didn't read the preamble. :)

She was obviously waiting to find the 1 and only Canuck “Eriksson” jersey... that might be Louie walking in to get a malt pregame... haha awesome Deb!! 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I believe it's likely all day to day at this point. 

I see nothing suggesting we won't play....but it's still so far away in COVID days.

hopefully we wont get postponed... I cant wait any longer. 

Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

I didn't see you! We could have said Hi!

• Haha 1

the-Kids-in-the-Hall-Crushing-Your-Head-

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Spoosh said:

More news like this and I fear the Canadian provinces will back away from letting teams play games. 

Hope everyone is safe there!

Hockey is a big deal (certainly has been to my life) but some things are simply bigger.    Precautions being taken are to be applauded.    

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I think we should have a Loui Reaction on these boards. Instead of a Confused vote we can have Loui vote for anyone talking trash about the other Canucks. 

@Devron44 we did it! just realised there's a new WATT emoji inspired by Loui :D 

• Wat 2