The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Ben Hutton with Ducks

Well quite surpised LA didn't offer him a job, he seemed to have done OK there. 

Looks like Benning made all the right moves letting Tanev/Toffoli/Stecher go, now we have Schmidt and Hamonic (if it pans out). 

Edited by Drakrami

I'm not sure how many NHL seasons Ben Hutton has left but he was one of the best media personalities since Kevin Bieksa played for the Canucks. I see a future for Ben Hutton in the broadcasting booth. His infectious energy would make him a great fit on camera when he's ready, probably would appeal nicely in getting Gen Z's to watch more hockey.

But hopefully he can carve a few NHL seasons first. He was definitely a guy I liked more as an off ice personality than an on ice talent because they asked too much of Hutton too often while he was in Vancouver.

18 hours ago, Quantum said:

I'm not sure how many NHL seasons Ben Hutton has left but he was one of the best media personalities since Kevin Bieksa played for the Canucks. I see a future for Ben Hutton in the broadcasting booth. His infectious energy would make him a great fit on camera when he's ready, probably would appeal nicely in getting Gen Z's to watch more hockey.

But hopefully he can carve a few NHL seasons first. He was definitely a guy I liked more as an off ice personality than an on ice talent because they asked too much of Hutton too often while he was in Vancouver.

If it weren't for COVID, he would probably get another $1 million - $1.5 million contract to play on somebody's 3rd pairing or as a 7th D.