roussel beagle macewen

sutter

huges schmidt

edler myers

juolevi hamonic

benn

demko

holtby

trade pearson for a second rounder  and this teams looking  crazy good this yr and next 

2 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Im not too sure about a dynasty, theres a few teams that have as deep if not deeper talent pool as us. The Kings have an incredible amount of talent waiting in the wings, its scary. They could be the team (hopefully along with us!) that could rule the western conference this decade

The thing is, our top end talent has already panned out. The Kings are all speculative at this point. We can't just assume they will be a great team, even if none of them pull a Luc Dubois and try to bail. Remember, the Oilers were called a dynasty in the making when they drafted Yakupov.

Edited by Deets

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Maybe he will buyout his SKA contract now, be available right away...  :bigblush:

I wish! I’ve never heard of players as young as Pod buying out their KHL contracts, but I suppose it’s possible. I’d give him a really soft bonus on his NHL ELC for games played, that he’s guaranteed to collect, to offset his buyout cost. And maybe his agent could help with getting him the money upfront, to cover the buyout costs. Should avoid any circumvention issues (while kinda allowing the Canucks and Pod’s agent to do some circumvention ;)).

Take a pic of VIP with chef's hat, pushing some Russian dumplings. Have that company endorse him to the tooth.

I wonder does the CBA(league's Animal Farm rules) prevent teams from over-compensating stars(w/endorsements from friendly companies) to get them signing at digestable cap-hits?

Pasta(for example) & his Dunkin Donuts are rather ubiquitous in US broadcasts.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

On 1/11/2021 at 7:25 AM, debluvscanucks said:

This is what I've found on the matter because, like you, I find it all very confusing.  Still doesn't really outline when he could actually play here and, with COVID changing things, still unclear to me:

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/when-can-the-canucks-sign-vasily-podkolzin-its-complicated-coronavirus-3146135

There is almost zero chance that Podkolzin is going to be called up to play for Russian national team in the 2021 world championship in May after his play in Edmonton was publicly criticized by the Russian hockey experts.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

On 1/11/2021 at 1:45 PM, filthycanuck said:

Im not too sure about a dynasty, theres a few teams that have as deep if not deeper talent pool as us. The Kings have an incredible amount of talent waiting in the wings, its scary. They could be the team (hopefully along with us!) that could rule the western conference this decade

I wouldn’t write off Colorado for the next few years either. I think their Defence is going to turn them into the team they’ve been expected to be for a while. 

16 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

There is almost zero chance that Podkolzin is going to be called up to play for Russian national team in the 2021 world championship in May after his play in Edmonton was publicly criticized by the Russian hockey experts.

This is a hilarious invention.   There is considerable disappointment Podkolzin is so keen to be in the NHL and apparently has been well before being drafted.   As one of the leaders of the "Russian Hockey Experts" noted AFTER the recent WJC:

Igor Larionov was part of the World Junior Russian coaching staff and says "Vasily Podkolzin plays hockey the right way, gives 100% effort every time he's on the ice & will be a really good power forward for the Canucks in a couple of years. When comparing him to a former player, Igor compares Podkolzin to a young Mark Messier." 

Podkolzin is a stud

16 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

hehehehehe.

Thanks, I needed the light hearted moment.    :)

• Cheers 1

On 1/11/2021 at 7:27 AM, UKNuck96 said:

He’s not being healthy scratched because of not signing. To much anti Russian media reading. Just like with all players especially young ones they are streaky and also it depends on a number of circumstances. Same thing happens here with players being moved to and from the A and being scratched.

will Podz be a stud player - I’m pretty sure he will be but remember he is still developing 

At the same time, your telling me the guy who's easily top 3 junior player in Russia isn't good enough to make his KHL team? Dudes played in 3 leagues this season, they're giving him the run around.

Maybe it's the wrong side of Russian media you're reading into, because I have no doubt proud Russians would bench a player because he expressed his plans to sign over here. You can bet those same people are chapped that Ovechkin and Kucherov are still growing the game and popularity over here instead of in glorious motherland