The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 139 players | Jan. 11, 2021 (Eriksson, Baertschi, Brisebois, Graovac, Sautner, Bailey from Canucks)

23 minutes ago, IBatch said:

My phone almost broke laughing and adding wat? To almost every post on here.   Does this mean our team is finally good enough to finally move on from this bad signing!   I think so.

lol.  Haven't been on the board for a few days, haha brilliant "wat"  emoji.   Could've had it on here years ago.  Some here are more enthusiastic about it than others I see. :lol:

• Wat 3

46 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

If the Canucks are thinking of sending Loui to the AHL instead of keeping him on the taxi squad, then I wonder if they might try to work out something with the Dallas organization since, if I'm not mistaken, Loui's family still lives in Dallas?

Why make it more pleasant for him?  I doubt he will actually be assigned to the AHL, but if he is make it feel as unpleasant as possible so he is more likely to hang up the skates.

If we loaned him to another AHL team, it would be one in Canada so he could be recalled without quarantine.  Winnipeg is known to be nice in the winter!  :)

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Provost said:

Lots of names of older expensive guys being squeezed out.

One off the wall name that I think is really interesting is Jujhar Khaira. 

A local boy who is cheap, tough as nails, and plays all three positions on the 4th line.  He actually seems like a pretty ideal fit as a depth guy who stays on the 23 man roster.  Probably an upgrade on guys like Graovac, Hawryluk, Michaelis, etc.  Would be a huge fan favourite and sell a lot of merch in Surrey.

Agree, but at 1.2 million we'd struggle to fit him in, cheap as that is.  Not out of the question, though.

16 minutes ago, Provost said:

Why make it more pleasant for him?  I doubt he will actually be assigned to the AHL, but if he is make it feel as unpleasant as possible so he is more likely to hang up the skates.

If we loaned him to another AHL team, it would be one in Canada so he could be recalled without quarantine.  Winnipeg is known to be nice in the winter!  :)

Because there is value in being viewed as a decent organization.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

If the Canucks are thinking of sending Loui to the AHL instead of keeping him on the taxi squad, then I wonder if they might try to work out something with the Dallas organization since, if I'm not mistaken, Loui's family still lives in Dallas?

Possibly, I'm hoping whatever they do, it results in him finally just retiring.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

My phone almost broke laughing and adding wat? To almost every post on here.   Does this mean our team is finally good enough to finally move on from this bad signing!   I think so. miraculous recovery GIF

Always wondered what happened to this guy, nice to see he took up dancing after his singing career.

• Haha 1