The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

The Oilers are in tough here. While they have a decent forward group, with two legitimate all stars, the shine comes off the apple really quickly after the first two forward lines. 

From a defensive standpoint, Vancouver is so much better, as they actually have an NHL defense that employs NHL caliber players. 

• Cheers 2

Well let’s see how this looks on paper:

They have two big name stars - McDavid and Drai

We have two lesser known but talented stars - Petey and Hughes

We have a much better defence

we have other players that can score

Every media outlet seems to believe that Vancouver will finish last. (Kinda like they did last year...)

I don’t care, hockey is back. Go Canucks Go!

5 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

Well let’s see how this looks on paper:

They have two big name stars - McDavid and Drai

We have two lesser known but talented stars - Petey and Hughes

We have a much better defence

we have other players that can score

Every media outlet seems to believe that Vancouver will finish last. (Kinda like they did last year...)

I don’t care, hockey is back. Go Canucks Go!

There are quite a few hockey analysts who have Vancouver ahead of Edmonton in the standings this time around. Those being the analysts who see that the Oilers are really not very good once you get past McDingle and Drysaddle. 

• Cheers 4

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

There are quite a few hockey analysts who have Vancouver ahead of Edmonton in the standings this time around. Those being the analysts who see that the Oilers are really not very good once you get past McDingle and Drysaddle. 

You are definitely correct Blunt. I love cheering for an underdog and with the way this team is looking we shouldn’t be one. So I may have stretched the truth a bit regarding “every media outlet”. As long as Captain Bo can keep McJesus off the board this shouldn’t be a bad start to the season. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Amebushi said:

You are definitely correct Blunt. I love cheering for an underdog and with the way this team is looking we shouldn’t be one. So I may have stretched the truth a bit regarding “every media outlet”. As long as Captain Bo can keep McJesus off the board this shouldn’t be a bad start to the season. 

I still agree with you that there are a lot of media outlets who drool over McDingle and think that he can drag that mess into respectability.