The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

17 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Not surprising - because it's the Leafs.

But it's a sign of two things - a poorly built team - and one that doesn't realize how damaging a loss it would be for them to have their Tavares, Marner, Matthews types eating shots on the penalty kill.

Not to mention that Matthews work ethic without the puck is weak - and his defensive outcomes have been consistently poor.

I enjoy seeing it, though.

They are shallow down the middle.  One injury to a center and they'll be even more fun to watch.

I agree, but I do feel like I need to state John Tavares has never been scared to eat some Pucks. Probly the only leafs player I respect and expect to play that hard. 

Loved Bieksa as a player during his tenure with the Canucks. But he’s light years better at the TV gig than he was at hockey. I think he will go as far in hockey commentary as he wants to go. Rippin’ Friedman for his hair dye job was just classic Juice. :lol:

Edited by Locke Lamora
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

In the case of the two Canucks, they have been ruled out of action for a week or more after a series of COVID-19 tests led to Benn being diagnosed as a presumptive positive. And Miller, who has been staying at Benn’s home in recent days, is a close contact, having been within two metres of Benn for at least 15 minutes during a 24-hour period that preceded Benn’s positive test.

So in other words Miller hasn’t even tested positive for Covid.  He’s just sitting out because Benn tested positive.   Thats brutal. 

Just now, Davathor said:

I agree, but I do feel like I need to state John Tavares has never been scared to eat some Pucks. Probly the only leafs player I respect and expect to play that hard. 

Yes - agreed - he's capable (as I mentioned in my next post) - but....

Two  playoffs ago - Tavares had 36.7% ozone starts and was -5

Last playoffs 43% - and -3.

Penalty killing.

A $10 million franchise center being used like a rented mule.

Horrible team building / "game-planning".

And still - this year - their 4th line center is Jason Spezza - who hasn't killed a penalty in his life.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lebrun is probably the smartest hockey mind now that McKenzie has retired. 

For a retired guy he sure seems to be working a fair bit.  He was on for the World Juniors and tonight he was on at intermission for the Pens - Flyers game.

• Cheers 1