The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Davathor said:

Also what's everyone drinking? I finished some Miller High Life's and weren't as good as I remembered... So I mixed a pitcher of Hey Dave's

Get yourself some actual beer.  Maybe a rye and coke or some kind of real drink.  Mezcal margaritas or maybe raicilla.

• Hydration 1
  • Wat 1
14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Pearson has been the best Canuck not named Holtby.

Just been generating chances for Bo's line

Alexander Edler.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Wat 1
1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

I think a lot of it is just the speed of our D in general. We have 3 slow defenseman, and they're on every line lol. 

Edler is usually smart enough to anticipate speed. Could be rust on Hamonic. Reports on OJ that his weakness is rush D and strength is zone D. Myers strength is his rush D because of his size/speed and long ass reach. Schmidt hasn't had any issues. Hughes has had troubles with explosive skaters in the past(especially speed/size).

Small sample size though. We will have to see how these guys are 10ish games in. They're facing the best 1v1 players in McD and Leon though so kind of trial by fire right now.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, KelownaCanucksFan said:

We all know why he has that job, it’s not for his great “insight” into the game 

Why?

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Oh come on now... 

???

What do you mean “oh come on now.”

Jesus go look at the goal line replay. At the time of McDavid’s attempted shot, Hamonic’s stick didn’t touch his arms, didn’t touch his hands. It was on his hip. As I said, there was a slight hook initially as McDavid cut towards the net, but the replay CLEARLY shows that upon the actual release of his shot, there was no infraction and McDavid just fumbled it.

Or don’t look and make pointless posts.

• Like 3
  • Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Anyone else feel a lot calmer with Holtby vs Marky? Very calm dude.

My calmness comes at the overwhelming disappointment in the defense in front of him. Before I can even finish shaking my head he's done making a 1 on 0 save. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Wtf is Stewart talking about :lol:.

I make no secret that I HATE his commentary. Not sure why you need a 5th on the panel. I don't mind glasses, drop Stewart then have 4 even window panels. Just improved the intermission twofold 

• Like 1
Just now, brownky said:

"But the fans want to see McDavid on a penalty shot".

I want to see the Canucks hoist the stanley cup, so does that mean we can ignore the rules and the season and just give them the cup?

No kidding. That first slashing call Hamonic got isn't a penalty against any other player.

Literally tapped the bottom of his stick & didn't affect the play at all. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Bo should also have earned a penalty shot just prior to that Elliott you goof

Difference is.......Bo wasn’t on a partial breakaway and actually got a shot off on net. 

McDavid blew by Hamonic, got slashed/hooked from behind and didn’t get a shot off. 

You could make a case that Bo deserve a penalty off that play. Although, it was a 50/50 play.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • -Vintage Canuck- locked this topic