The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I recorded and just watched that TSN Season Preview they aired last night. Of course they boasted about the Leafs, thinking their off season moves were genius. When it got to the Canucks, the panel really gave them little chance of making the playoffs this season, saying the loss of Markstrom and Tanev are too great. Button even said that Stecher and Schmidt are basically the same player, so not really an upgrade. They gave Hamonic zero credit. I'm not sure why I even bothered to watch, same ignorance from TSN every year. 

In losing the rights TSN has shifted to catering to Laffs nation & fully embracing their role as the Toronto Sports Network. 

Schmidt is barely an upgrade but I'm sure TJ Brodie was a surefire top pair D. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I recorded and just watched that TSN Season Preview they aired last night. Of course they boasted about the Leafs, thinking their off season moves were genius. When it got to the Canucks, the panel really gave them little chance of making the playoffs this season, saying the loss of Markstrom and Tanev are too great. Button even said that Stecher and Schmidt are basically the same player, so not really an upgrade. They gave Hamonic zero credit. I'm not sure why I even bothered to watch, same ignorance from TSN every year. 

TSN is a joke the only reason I have it is because it comes with my sports package and the only time I ever turn it on is WJC

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

TSN did their mock draft, and O'Neil took Hughes with his 3rd or 4th pick. Then he said "I can't believe I got Quinn Hughes!" lol He was saying he thinks he may be the best Dman in the league this year. A rare moment of VAN love from the east.

• Cheers 3

I'll take flak for this, but I'd think outside the box with miller out if/when jake struggles on that line. for the sake of the 3 or 4 games, I'd move bo up to play left wing on the top line since he's the most similar player to miller and move gaudette up to 2c, sutter up to 3c. 

I am really curious to see how our goaltending tandem will perform this season. Holtby's performance last season was desastrous with a SV below 0.900. Demko*s play was shaky once Marktstrom got injured in December 2019 / January 2020 and Demko was forced to take over the starter role. I recall that Demko had some tough nights on the road in January 2020 ( Montreal, Toronto).

Expect the goaltending to be significantly weaker than last season. D corps should be significantly better with the addtion of two veteran player's like Harmonic and especially Schmidt.

• Wat 1

Sucks to have Milsy out...but....

I feel we have a stronger team than last year...our D. is way more balanced and the top 4 are just as good as last year while the 3rd pairing is going to be better by a long shot come mid-season...

Our goaltending is probably just as good or better with Demko improving and Holtby working with Ian should equal a bounce back season....

Our forward depth is better with the young guys getting better and Hog's arriving...

EP, QH, JV, ZM, BB and even the already great BH will all be better again this year...some by a good bit (JV looks primed for a big year and so does BB and QH)

TSN can apologize after the cup run we make....!

• Cheers 2