The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Great game. The best players on the team stepped up big with the absence of JT. Nils looks like the real deal but the player I was most impressed and proud of tonight was Juolevi. Played a real steady game and was solid with the puck and his decision making. His only gaff was a forgivable one. I’m really pulling for this kid given all the crap he’s had to endure. 

It was against Draisaitl too.... and he can make many players look bad.  

Either than that, OJ wasn't noticeable, a good thing for a rookie defenseman.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Davathor said:

I'm pretty happy with the new guys. Understatement I know, but Schmidt just seems to make the right play every time. Hughes - Schmidt is starting to look like the best top pairing we've had. 

Not to jump the gun though. It's only one game. Best team in the history of hockey. 

Schmidt has that knack for making that right pass under pressure like we saw in the playoffs.

Höglander - shifty, fast, skilled, what a pleasant surprise.

Juolevi - wow. Just wow. A couple of gaffes and a towering, cool presence and made some seriously brilliant defensive plays.

Holtby - Ian Clark for a couple of months and here we go. Very solid. He’s only going to get better.

Schmidt - quick thinking with his pitch perfect passes.

Harmonic - Hopefully it’s the utter lack of practice and game time. 

Looks like the Canucks have just picked up from where they left off, reinforced, fully healed and ready to go.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2