The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

All they wanna talk about is Conner. Not the 2 snipes from BB6 or the fact that the Oilers still can’t play defence. 

They should be analyzing how a guy with all the chances McDavid gets, ends.up a minus on the night.  

• Like 1

Just now, rekker said:

Where are the Brock for Dumba people tonight?

in quarantine - with the "the team is going to take a step backwards" people...

rarely a good idea to judge a team hours after free agency opens...or a player when he's not healthy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, brownky said:

Hilarious but also mildly unfair imo. Jake did a lot of greasy work that I'm sure the coaches will notice. He actively created a good amount of space for his linemates, had a good chance himself and made no mistakes. The line got their points and the team won and he was still +1.

I thought he had a decent game. Saved a goal. Stole the puck a couple times. I feel like people just like to pick on him. He’s not JT Miller.

• Cheers 1

Notes:

- I think this game really showed Hughes’s great defensive game. He made some great plays outside of the offence.

- HOGLANDER!!!! What a debut!!!

- Juolevi looked good! The goal was a rookie mistake, but he’ll keep learning. 
- Hamonic was rusty and it showed.

- The second line was SO GOOD!!!

- Outside of Gaudette’s goal, honestly hardly noticed the third line.

- The fourth line was good!!!

- I thought Virtanen was pretty meh, but Petey and Brock were doing their thing. 
- Holtby was pretty sharp.

All in all, pretty sloppy game by both teams, but VERY HAPPY with the Win!! :towel:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Loved the effort tonight. Edmonton has some cheat mode players, and they held their own. Hamonic looked a step behind the rest of the team, but I think he'll catch up. 

Hoglander is a pro no doubt, Brock has his shot again, Petey and Hughes keep doing their thing and Edler looks to have some jump. I like JBs team, and I can't wait for Miller to come back! 

This season is a good chance for us!