The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

46 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Finally... THE BO HAS COME BACK! To Edmonton Alberta! Now, interview person, you're asking The Bo if I wanted to retract my statement, in which HE called Connor McDavid... A jabroni? Yes. The Bo DOES want to retract his statement. Connor McDavid is NOT a jabroni! BUT what Connor McDavid is, is a walking, talking, Edmonton Oiler piece of steamy, stinking, grade A, Alberta monkey crap! And The Bo says this: Did The Bo call you a jabroni? You're damn right he did! He also called your entire team jabronis as well. Shut your mouth, look at The Bo, read The Bo's lips: Jabroni! J-A-B-R-O-N-I XYZ NBC, awe it doesn't matter how you spell jabroni!

Connor McDavid, 10 times this year, The Bo will take his hand and one, by damn one, slap the monkey piss out of your entire team, But tonight, The Bo, once again, making your monkey ass famous. You wanna come out here, run your mouth how things are personal between you and The Great One. You wanna do something personal for The Bo, well, The Bo wants you to do something special, The Bo wants you to stand in that rink and whine how you'll never, AND THE BO MEANS NEVER be The People's Captain... jabroni!.

IF YOU SMELLLLLL-LALALA WHAT THE BO IS COOKIN

Bravo, bravo!!!  

spacer.png

Hoglander - Wow, I was blown away by this kid. His speed, tenacity, hand-eye coordination on at least two nice tips, and his quick release were all very impressive. But honestly the thing that amazed me the most about him was passing ability.

One day when fans are allowed to begin packing back into Rogers arena, I think there’s going to be a lot of #36 jerseys... and I’m not talking about fans dusting off their old Jannick Hansen jerseys lol. 

Juolevi - I thought that Juolevi had a good game too. The final shift of the first period he put on a clinic. It was too bad he got stripped of the puck on that goal, but those things happen sometimes. 

Hammonic - he made some nice plays, but you could tell he was a step behind. Definitely has to work off some rust. Understandable though seeing how he hadn’t played a game since February 8th. That’s almost an entire year without any meaningful ice time. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Hamonic may have had his hands full - understandably - and Tanev was a rare player - that probably defended McDavid as well as anyone (a bit spoiled here in years past with his elite anticipation and quickness/mobility) -  but still, overall as a group I thought the blueline defended quite well - and moved the puck very decisively - excellent zone exits tonight imo.   They may not have quite as high end a primary shutdown matchup pairing as they did with Tanev (and Edler) - however, they might still manage to gain overall.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Hoglander making this immediate impact is such a revelation from how things looked in the offseason.

To think; how great our top 6 was tonight.. And we still have Miller coming.

It will be nice when Miller is back because Virtanen just isn’t good enough to play in the top 6. One of the few guys on the team who wasn’t very noticeable. 

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

Reffing was terrible as usual. That penalty on Hamonic that the panel was arguing should have been a penalty shot wasn't even a penalty. He didn't hook or slash him, unless they're talking about the slash on the stick that happened just before the blue line.

And that's not to mention 2 garbage crosschecking calls that you won't ever see called against our opposition for the exact same thing multiple times this year, a number of no calls including incidental high stickings by Edmonton players, interference, holding the stick, and a bunch of other crap. I hate the NHL. Wish I didn't like the Canucks, heh.

He put his stick in the midsection of McDavid and that will get called every time even it looks pretty minor. I thought the Canucks deserved a few more power plays but overall the refs were fine tonight.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

It was mentioned that it started on pg. 136

Thanks but I don't get in from work until the game is over. I wonder if whoever is in charge of these threads might put it in the... I was going to say title when I looked up at the title and saw it right there. I'd say it was a long day but really I'm just dumb. Cheers.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1