The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, warrchief said:

From what I noticed in this game is that Hoglander really earned Greener's trust. Besides Petey, Hughes and Boes, he had a decent chunk of ice time (16minutes) compared to Zack and Gauds. 

Really show how much Hogs impressed him during camp. Benning and Co really hit a homerun with that pick

Was impressed by how quickly he can process the game and get out of tight spaces, when watching the game realized why this kid earned a spot for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Watching the highlights; I didn't even realize how incredible the passes from Petey & Huggy were on Brock's goals. 

For Petey to process the play that quickly & bank it off the boards, then the way the Dman went for it & missed...

It was an absolutely perfect pass - to make a play that needed one

Then DeBrusk: “good pass by Pettersson, he just puts it to an open area...”

nah G, it was intentional and pinpoint accurate.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Nice to see the rookies looking good. Joulevi got tripped by Yamamoto on the first goal. 
‘I kept thinking man Gaudette is flying and his skating looks amazing before realizing it was Schmidt. He is so active. 
Hoglander got ripped off, he should have got assist on Bo’s goal. 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Only caught the 3rd period, loved the announcers, lots of fun to listen to.  Always liked Debrusk and the new guy, what a great thing for the South Asian community.  He reminds me a bit of soccer announcers...so excited.  Makes it fun.  

Understand Hughson will not travel so might only be doing Canucks home games?  Probably the HNIC Saturday night ones?  I didn't know he still lived in Van but saw that on Twitter this AM.  

I am guessing that John and John will still get some games but probably with the condensed schedule maybe only the weekday ones, and not sure about their travel either?  This season is so weird.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

A good start to the season.

Edmonton looked horrible, Larsson was a joke. All by himself he missed assignments on 3 goals.

To tell the truth, without seeing the southern games, except Pitt/Philly

This season reminds me of the days when players came to camp to get into shape, often the first few games were pretty bad.

In a game of mistakes the Canucks made fewer.

You have to know that there are going to be more penalties called for slashes and hooks on McDavid, must have been 20 on him last night.

Edler or Tanev would look great on Edmonton, their defence are pretty bad defensively, they want to score too much.

Well don't have to wait, another in a few hours

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Note: There won't be a new thread created for the PGT. We've decided to combine the GDTs and PGTs for this season with the condensed schedule.

Curious what difference does a condensed schedule make? It's either worth doing or not the length of the schedule makes no difference.  If it is kept this way can I make a suggestion, that in the tittle of the thread is changed to mention the page that the PGT starts so people don't have to sift through 150 pages to find where it starts? Personally I find the PGT much more valuable then the GDT, but that's just  me.

Just realized the thread tittle does mention the start of PGT,  I recant. 

Edited by thrago

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Got sent a text with this YouTube link from a good friend/colleague who played the game many years and is still in the game for business - he knows hockey - and the text was simple "there are maybe five players in today's NHL that can make that pass on purpose with that little time thinking about it, and three of those players are Elias Pettersson.   This kid is better than people realize no matter how good they think he is." 

I was also just happy to see Boeser's celly. He looks excited for himself that he's finally returned to his rookie season form.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I just got banned on HF for calling out @luckylarry for being a troll. Just got unbanned for the same thing.

I get bored and VPN are free lol

hF is a place of debbie downers n whinny hooligans. Nothing positive comes out of that place.. just a whole lotta small dick energy. Hardly a place for "discussion".

CDC gets me pumped for days. 

Edited by StiffStick33
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Canucks win!!! And what do some people have to say on here....why is the PGT combined with the GDT...wahhhh I don't know where the PGT starts...OMFG Canucks are back and this is what you want to write/whine about...unbelievable! 

Go Canucks, let's see if a handful of whiners change the Mods minds about this combined GDT/PGT....stay tuned tonight to find out with another Canucks game!

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, skategal said:

Only caught the 3rd period, loved the announcers, lots of fun to listen to.  Always liked Debrusk and the new guy, what a great thing for the South Asian community.  He reminds me a bit of soccer announcers...so excited.  Makes it fun.  

Understand Hughson will not travel so might only be doing Canucks home games?  Probably the HNIC Saturday night ones?  I didn't know he still lived in Van but saw that on Twitter this AM.  

I am guessing that John and John will still get some games but probably with the condensed schedule maybe only the weekday ones, and not sure about their travel either?  This season is so weird.  

the announcers were the worst part of that game, absolute Bush league commentating, so hard to listen to.

• Upvote 1