The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Thanks for the feedback. We will definitely consider these points and find a way for ease of convenience in the future.

If the main issue is highlights (which it seems to be), would it be possible to just create a pinned thread dedicated to game highlights?

18 minutes ago, XxS3E3DI2N2SxX said:

the announcers were the worst part of that game, absolute Bush league commentating, so hard to listen to.

The play by play was horrid.

I thought he got better by the third but it was quite poor.

He seemed to lack dynamics, not much intensity when the play picked up or there was close chances.

His Yamamoto frill after the goal was forced and hokey.

All that said, he's new so I will give him a chance but seems to me like he needed more time honing his skills before the big league. 

• Cheers 3

44 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Canucks win!!! And what do some people have to say on here....why is the PGT combined with the GDT...wahhhh I don't know where the PGT starts...OMFG Canucks are back and this is what you want to write/whine about...unbelievable! 

Go Canucks, let's see if a handful of whiners change the Mods minds about this combined GDT/PGT....stay tuned tonight to find out with another Canucks game!

Just something about the race to the PGT to get an epic gif on page one 

I cut Harnarayan some slack....it was his first game. (In English, anyway)

As far as the game goes, it was a solid start. I suppose the biggest criticism I'd have is the Canucks' defenders being slow to move the puck when in their own zone. Juolevi got his pocket picked by Yamamoto and Hamonic got caught a couple of times as well.

Holtby was solid, if not spectacular, but sometimes it's when you make the save.....a couple of excellent stops near the end. The one on McDavid's breakaway was big as well.

That being said, I think Demko should get the start tonight.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The play by play was horrid.

I thought he got better by the third but it was quite poor.

He seemed to lack dynamics, not much intensity when the play picked up or there was close chances.

His Yamamoto frill after the goal was forced and hokey.

All that said, he's new so I will give him a chance but seems to me like he needed more time honing his skills before the big league. 

Definitely should get the chance.  One of the worst reporters starts ever - cringe worth how he had no concept of personal space and leaned in on players cheek to cheek with inane and ridiculous questions post game and between periods is no one of the most respected hockey media types in the world in Elliott e Freedman.   Eventually he got better, and it was obvious the players respected him - and now he’s probably the most influential media guys out there surpassing Bob McKenzie.    

Personally I did notice a few times he was behind and it wasn’t polished that’s for sure - but mostly I didn’t notice, was too busy looking for at how our individual guys performed - especially seeking out OJ, JV, Schmidt and Hollander.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Finally... THE BO HAS COME BACK! To Edmonton Alberta! Now, interview person, you're asking The Bo if I wanted to retract my statement, in which HE called Connor McDavid... A jabroni? Yes. The Bo DOES want to retract his statement. Connor McDavid is NOT a jabroni! BUT what Connor McDavid is, is a walking, talking, Edmonton Oiler piece of steamy, stinking, grade A, Alberta monkey crap! And The Bo says this: Did The Bo call you a jabroni? You're damn right he did! He also called your entire team jabronis as well. Shut your mouth, look at The Bo, read The Bo's lips: Jabroni! J-A-B-R-O-N-I XYZ NBC, awe it doesn't matter how you spell jabroni!

Connor McDavid, 10 times this year, The Bo will take his hand and one, by damn one, slap the monkey piss out of your entire team, But tonight, The Bo, once again, making your monkey ass famous. You wanna come out here, run your mouth how things are personal between you and The Great One. You wanna do something personal for The Bo, well, The Bo wants you to do something special, The Bo wants you to stand in that rink and whine how you'll never, AND THE BO MEANS NEVER be The People's Captain... jabroni!.

IF YOU SMELLLLLL-LALALA WHAT THE BO IS COOKIN

Bro I read these and crack up every time... Epic :lol:

If only I had gif editing capabilities of TZ and could put the captains face on here lol! 

Can You Smell The Rock GIF by WWE

Also I keep going page 136 and see no PGT... What's going on? 

Covid has been rough... Do we have to let it take away our PGTs too? Would rather surrender my lunch money at this point, not that covid hasn't taken enough money from me indirectly lol 

Used to really enjoy going into the PGT seeing all the highlights an instant comments on first pages... 

I know it's a first world problem but why go page 136 for random comments and limited content when u could go to page 1 for full detailed highlights and reaction... Reaction from the world's most iconic fan base and have it conveniently separated form the GDT? 

Also I wouldn't call that a GDT at all. That was more like SDT... Slaughter day thread cuz that's all the coilers got! Slaughtered! :towel:

Or am I missing something, would PGT promote less social distancing? :P

If anything the PGT should socially distance from the GDT given current pandemic and condensed schedule haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

The good

Bo

Pearson

Hughes

Edler

Hogs

Boeser

Schmidt

Sutter

The Average

Petey

Virt

OJ

Gaud

Mac

Holtby

Roussel

The Not As Good

Beagle

Myers

Hamonic

Motte

That actually is pretty good - for a rookie (to put things into context).  Yes, it was the Oilers (who are their usual *bad*).  But they still have some more than solid forwards (who can make most D look bad on a given shift).  For a rookie defenseman, he put in a decent performance (and this is coming for a guy who is hardly his biggest fan).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Ha ha .. Myers had a 1:48 shift and even the announcers took the time to commend his PK .... the first two PKs they had zero shots ... against the best PP ever for the Oilers last season.  Motte was part of that - and his line had four good scoring chances...two for Beagle, one for Motte and one for Sutter.

Hamonic went to the box - smart play given whom he was containing - easy goal for that guy without some interference- you take those odds everyday, plus broke up two very good scoring chances for EDM too.   

I didn’t see the same game as you did.   As in I didn’t think any Canuck deserved to have the not so good.  Guess I’m a homer. 

he had some good shifts, and I am a big Myers fan.  I think he just got caught trying to do too much to make life easier for OJ.  He was out of position a lot last night.

Hamonic just looks like he hasn't played since March, which he hasn't.  He'll be fine

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Qwags said:

Hughson and the Johns doing home games is fantastic news. I consider this an absolute win.

Do you (or anyone else) know if SN will only have one announcer team doing each game?  Only asking cuz down south here, it seems I only get the Alberta feeds when the Canucks play Edm or Cal, and it drives me nuts.  Same might go for any other time our boys are playing in Canada.  

The guy last night wasn't awful, putting the expected Oiler bias aside, but I want John n John as much as possible.

• Like 1

Both teams looked Rusty af, our top two lines had never played a competitive game with each other and Edmonton had last change and played Mcdavid every second shift. Went about as well as we could have hoped for actually. Looked like Green gave Virtanen the job to carry water defensively for Petey’s line and I thought he did a great job of it. Baptism by fire for Olli last night, outside of getting his pocket picked he had a decent debut. Hoglander looks like the perfect match to play with Bo too.