The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

31 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

A little iffy about the 4th line:

MOTTE - BEAGLE - SUTTER

I was actually hoping Motte would get a bit of a promotion to the 3rd line this year. Beagle and Sutter are veterans, but are they fast and physical enough? The bottom 6 wasn't very good in the playoffs and this still needs to be fixed IMO. An improvement with Loui eating popcorn in the rafters, anyway.

The biggest asset of that 4th line is that they kill penalties. If they did nothing else, they would still be a useful unit.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

yes, people did not like the fact a report was released saying players would be vaccinated , so the league released another statement saying they won't jump in line

I definitely missed that... unbelievable. 

Would not be surprised in the slightest when 50%+ of those outraged people don't even get the vaccine immediately when it is available to them 

10 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Well that's good. Be really tough to be a fringe player and not even play.

This is a massive season for developing players like Lind, Jasek, Gadget and MDP. They need the season to play and grow otherwise our depth pieces and black aces can’t graduate to the big level. I think Lind is knocking on the door as well. I’m hoping they all have strong seasons with a young comets team down there 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 1

I’m thrilled about tonight. So excited to see how much this team has grown from last season. They look like they’ll be better than last season. All my eyes will be on Hoglander, MacEwen, Holtby, Juolevi, Schmidt as they try to make an instant impact with the team. It’s finally game day! GCG!

• Vintage 1

Wowwww what a surprise!!! Eriksson is on active roster and not taxi squad.... why don't we just form a new Ikea line with him, Hog and Petey then???? Maybe they can strike some magic!! you just never know!!!  Still remember the last time we had an Ikea line??? That's right... like 15+ years ago with Sedins and Arvidsson! 

23 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Please tell me you're joking... (I know people were offended because people are idiots, but that actually made them change their mind??) 

To clarify why I say people are idiots... Canada has a larger stockpile of vaccines than they can currently administer. So we literally have unused supply that a private organization wants to purchase from us and..... people got offended and now JT isn't playing because of these idiots??

ya im pretty sure ssential workers and old people and immune compromised people need vacinnes more than elite athlete get you head on straight

8 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I’m thrilled about tonight. So excited to see how much this team has grown from last season. They look like they’ll be better than last season. All my eyes will be on Hoglander, MacEwen, Holtby, Juolevi, Schmidt as they try to make an instant impact with the team. It’s finally game day! GCG!

Is Holtby confirmed starter for tonight? Thought they'd go with him tmrw 

Just now, canuktravella said:

ya im pretty sure ssential workers and old people and immune compromised people need vacinnes more than elite athlete get you head on straight

guess you missed this part?? "Canada has a larger stockpile of vaccines than they can currently administer"

8 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

I definitely missed that... unbelievable. 

Would not be surprised in the slightest when 50%+ of those outraged people don't even get the vaccine immediately when it is available to them 

Perhaps. Regardless, when vaccine supply is still low, it is wrong to vaccinate elite young athletes ahead of more vulnerable population. Some of the coaches and staff maybe be eligible, but they will and should follow the general guidelines like rest of the province (each province determines the roll out priority).