The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Jack Fig said:

What's with the wood for Montreal? Can't see it at all. 

Canucks 3/4.

Winnipeg 5/6

GOALTENDING!!!

they had 2 - 22 goal scorers last year

and traded Domi for Anderson- Anderson went from 47 pts +25 in 2019 to 4 pts and -8 last year

I guess they are counting on Anderson having a bigger bounce back than we are with Holtby

It looks like "they" feel if every player takes a step, has a bounce back or career year, the Habs should be a pretty good team this season.

5 minutes ago, CanucksForever2 said:

How come we have a 24 man roster instead of 23? Why is LE on the roster and not on the taxi squad, thought he was on waiver?

Teams don't have to assign players that were on waivers.  Khaira was on waivers and will be in the lineup for Edmonton.  Benn and Miller have likely been designated as non-roster players.  They count against the cap but not the 23- player roster limit. 

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

dear god Edmonton if you guys somehow f up the game being played tonight I swear I will come and burn your city to the ground 

does permafrost burn?

10 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

guess you missed this part?? "Canada has a larger stockpile of vaccines than they can currently administer"

what's the bottle neck? what's preventing it from being administered? and how would that NOT apply to nhl players in Canada?

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

GOALTENDING!!!

they had 2 - 22 goal scorers last year

and traded Domi for Anderson- Anderson went from 47 pts +25 in 2019 to 4 pts and -8 last year

I guess they are counting on Anderson having a bigger bounce back than we are with Holtby

It looks like "they" feel if every player takes a step, has a bounce back or career year, the Habs should be a pretty good team this season.

Watch for Bergevan to trade Kotkaniemi for Pierre Luc Dubois. 

Jarmo Kekalainen gets his Fin

Marc Bergevan gets his Frenchie

• Haha 1

If Hawryluk is back healthy, I expect him to get a spot over Eriksson..... why wouldn't you want someone younger, faster and tougher???? He and Motte will cause havoc out there on opponents!!! 

• Like 1
Just now, Virtanen#18 said:

If Hawryluk is back healthy, I expect him to get a spot over Eriksson..... why wouldn't you want someone younger, faster and tougher???? He and Motte will cause havoc out there on opponents!!! 

CapFriendly has him on LTIR.  That’s minimum 10 games or 24 days.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, mll said:

Teams don't have to assign players that were on waivers.  Khaira was on waivers and will be in the lineup for Edmonton.  Benn and Miller have likely been designated as non-roster players.  They count against the cap but not the 23- player roster limit. 

So we can put more than 23 on a roster? Why don't we add more?

14 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Is Holtby confirmed starter for tonight? Thought they'd go with him tmrw 

Not entirely sure. I think he’ll be the starter but it could change before game time. They’ll probably go with Demko tomorrow if I were to guess. Someone help me out!

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

I left a job on paid furlough and now working again full time. Being on 80% to sit at home isn’t bad, just thought I don’t want to wait until my company makes cuts to see if I would be placed at risk so jumped to somewhere a lot more secure.

meant I got to watch pretty much all the playoffs from all teams but now I have to actually get up In the morning it’s a pick and choose on the games 

Nice one!

Yeah, I'm fortunate enough that I get full pay and while on leave, and I know I have my job when things settle. I may eventually move to another job but as for now I'm secure and enjoying time with my newborn daughter! 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I think many people on here romanticed the idea of having both Toffoli and Boeser in the line-up.   It was awesome in theory, but we hardly saw the two of them together at 100% health.  

Basically - the Canucks fielded a very successful team last season with only one elite RW’er for the entire season.   

Losing Toffoli sucks but the Canucks played well last season without one of Toffoli or Boeser.

No kidding. We effectively never had both, healthy, in our lineup at the same time.

The 'loss' of Toffoli this year over last year's roster is firmly in the 'theoretical' category.

Would it have been nice to retain him if a pandemic hadn't come along? Absolutely. But let's not pretend we're any 'worse' than last year.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, CanucksForever2 said:

Where is JAYCE HAWRYLUK?

Injured, stayed in Vancouver.

Motte got him in an awkward center ice collision.

3 minutes ago, tas said:

does permafrost burn?

what's the bottle neck? what's preventing it from being administered? and how would that NOT apply to nhl players in Canada?

well I will admit, the article I read came out after Xmas time where a lot of vaccination centers were literally shut down for nearly a week. overall, the general consensus still seems to be that focus needs to be shifted to EMPTYING the freezers, rather than stocking them.

and it wouldn't apply because the NHL would hire a privatized health center to administer the vaccines after purchasing them from the gov't 

3 minutes ago, CanucksForever2 said:

So we can put more than 23 on a roster? Why don't we add more?

Because non-roster players also count against the cap.  Benn and Miller open up 2 spots so maximum 25.  

4 minutes ago, mll said:

CapFriendly has him on LTIR.  That’s minimum 10 games or 24 days.

OK good... now that explains it... I was so looking forward to seeing Hawryluk play... he might even offer more than Motte and MacEwen!!

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • -Vintage Canuck- locked this topic