The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

mfw analysts underestimate this Canucks team and ignore our upgrades on D, but worship the boomer adds in toronto thinking its gonna put them over the top
SmugBieksa.png.2cf56fa97b0a4721d1ed34c2cf51837a.png

• Hydration 2
14 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Actually there's a vaccine estimator online, and after playing with it, the only ones that moved me out of phase 3 into phase 1 were being any 1 of: care worker, essential worker, nursing home, live on a reserve. 

That's the difference between being in the first 5 million in Canada or the last 11-22 millionth. 

Screenshot_20210113-130606_Chrome.jpg

Checked out the tool, thanks for posting. I was yes for 4 out of the 6 questions and it estimates

"There are between 0 and 5,146,151 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine. You should expect to receive your two doses of vaccine and be fully protected by between early February 2021 and mid May 2021." My Coordinator and manager in Island Health are actually having to petition to get it sooner, meanwhile all my residential high risk clients and coworkers just have to wait, as of yet we haven't been offered it and the latest update as of yesterday was they had no idea when it would come.

31 minutes ago, tas said:

are there private clinics available here to do that? 

In at least one of the 7 Canadian NHL cities they will be flying to, I'm sure 

31 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

i just dont think its anyones priority at the moment  theres millions of people in bc waiting  they have only giving 50000 people the vaccine so far 

Can't argue with any of that

21 minutes ago, CrippledCanuck said:

BC is apparently out of its stockpile and has to wait for more shipments

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/b-c-uses-up-all-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine-trying-to-be-nimble-while-working-with-feds-1.5263592

Edit - hopefully we did get more but couldn't find an update.

Oh ok. Well I'll admit my info was a bit dated and potentially skewed as it was from back when they took a ~1 week break from administering vaccines

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Well hey, you might be next in line! :lol:

Too be honest I'm a little conflicted, while I'm not scared of the vaccine, I wouldn't mind waiting to see outcomes of the first wave of them before getting it, but for 12hrs a day, I am within inches at pretty much all times of at risk individuals and my wife and 2 kids are immunocompromised(one with an extreme respiratory illness) and it would kill me if somehow I got covid and passed to my clients or God forbid my wife or kids

• Huggy Bear 1
3 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

The last 2 seasons Edler has average over a .5ppg pace while playing top minutes and the top PK unit. He was +16 on a team that was not great 5\5 and had the most points even strength out of our Dcore.

He was are best D all around regular and post season. Tell me a team he's not a top 4?

You prefering Raff is great but ill take the coaches decision the guys who are paid to win and do this for a living.

Joulevi was head and shoulders better than any other rookie D that's why he's on the team. Playing it safe? Really? Joulevi has always been a great puck mover even in Utica, his stretch pass is outstanding, his skating was off but not anymore, I think he will surprise you.

Edler was amongst AHL players for zone entries and exits. That's critical for possession statistics. Like I stated earlier, he can be amazing or he can be a dumpster fire. 

Did you watch Juolevi in Utica? Honest question. 

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Edler was amongst AHL players for zone entries and exits. That's critical for possession statistics. Like I stated earlier, he can be amazing or he can be a dumpster fire. 

Did you watch Juolevi in Utica? Honest question. 

Don't knock Juolevi or blow job rob zipp will start combing your post history 

14 minutes ago, CrippledCanuck said:

There are between 0 and 5,146,151 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine. 

"You are number 3,176,326 ... please stay on the line..."

11 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Don't knock Juolevi or blow job rob zipp will start combing your post history 

Hahaha I just find it funny that somebody would make a statement saying Juolevi was the best defenseman far and away on Utica last year. Anybody that watches Utica even a small handful of 5 games would know that isn't the case.

Edit: that's not saying he doesn't deserve a look, just saying that in comparison to other players he's getting put above them based on his draft position. He can definitely have an impact on the roster. He's got an amazing first pass and hopefully we will see it in lots of action tonight. 

Edited by MikeyD
  • Hydration 1
11 minutes ago, CrippledCanuck said:

Too be honest I'm a little conflicted, while I'm not scared of the vaccine, I wouldn't mind waiting to see outcomes of the first wave of them before getting it, but for 12hrs a day, I am within inches at pretty much all times of at risk individuals and my wife and 2 kids are immunocompromised(one with an extreme respiratory illness) and it would kill me if somehow I got covid and passed to my clients or God forbid my wife or kids

I agree 100%.. would also feel more comfortable getting it in the "second wave", which is probably when I will be eligible anyways, so it works for me. 

This will probably come of selfish... but I would also be much more likely to want it if for example I could then go and watch a hockey game with my buddy who also go it. But since that isn't the case.... the benefits of actually being vaccinated right now are small to me. Will have to be wearing a mask and being extremely careful either way

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Nils Hoglander will become the first Canuck born in the 2000s to play for the team.

Do you feel old after hearing that?

I am leaning towards him registering his 1st career NHL goal tonight!

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • -Vintage Canuck- locked this topic