The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

28 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

NHL games never starting on time has been my biggest pet peeve for so many years. I see nothing has changed even without fans. <_<

Yeah, I don't like that either.  They've gotta sucker you into watching extra commercials.  And once they get used to doing it they are LOATHE to give it up.  Other sports can start on time but not the greedy advertising-mad NHL.  With or without Covid they keep on ramping up the ads ad-nauseum.  Go Canucks Go!

31 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Pierre Lebrun saying pundit's are 'off' and Canucks will 'contend for division lead'.

PIERRE! You tell 'em.:towel:

Pundits!

We talkin' 'bout Pundits?

'Unnamed online bet site' pays $2.30 for a $1.00 straight up bet on the Glorious Canuckles this very evening.

They earn by setting the line correctly, so they must think that oily brown coil will beat us.

What do you think?

I love being the underdog, the unterhundt, the Alex Burroughs, slaying dragons, wooing maidens, and eating warm coconut buns in a Chinese bakery...

Don't like the Canucks?  No problem.

Just lay lots of lovely lolly on the favorites. 

Makes for better odds.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Matthews on the first unit pk....:bigblush:

Not really a surprise. Matthews isn't bad defensively and is very good on the draws. He just averages 46 goals a season so it's hard not to play him strictly offensively.

Marner's a PKer as well and was their top PK forward last year in terms of ice time. Former London Knight though so you can probably expect a 200ft game to some degree.

Should be interesting to see how that plays out. Pros and cons to having your stars play some of those minutes. IDK if the Leafs want to become more reliant on their star players in such a condensed schedule.