The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

I like the Hughes and Hamonic idea. I feel like it will be similar to when Hughes played with Schenn. He has some grit to protect him a bit.

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
59 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

If I’m Jake Virtanen, I’m listening to “Lose Yourself” by Eminem multiple times today.

”You only get ONE SHOT do not miss your chance to blow this opportunity comes once in a lifetime.”

For sure, say he has an awesome game do you find a way to keep him in the top six after this road trip? 

14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

In the case of the two Canucks, they have been ruled out of action for a week or more after a series of COVID-19 tests led to Benn being diagnosed as a presumptive positive. And Miller, who has been staying at Benn’s home in recent days, is a close contact, having been within two metres of Benn for at least 15 minutes during a 24-hour period that preceded Benn’s positive test.

I may be reading this with half glass full, but I do like that Kuzma puts it as "forced to miss...opening week".  

I'm not a free-dumb fighter like Donnelly, but if Miller at least, can do a week, (symptoms usually happen within 2 - 5 days after exposure) if he feels fine then, cannot he just take a test then. If he passes fine? 

17 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Matthews - typically in the range just under 60% ozone starts.   Corsi typically lags a half dozen pts behind.

Two seasons ago - he was - 9 in that context.  Not easy to do when you're scoring that much down tilted ice - to give up even more.

3.9 on ice goals against per 60 5on5......worst on the Leafs.

Guy has a lot of growing to do as a player to be a penalty killer that you can take seriously.

LOL

Burke: The risks outweigh the benefits

Stewart liked the move, more minutes.

Old News paraphrased: The benefits don't outweigh the benefits!   :lol:

• Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lebrun is probably the smartest hockey mind now that McKenzie has retired. 

I was listening to calgary radio this afternoon and they said our defence downgraded lol.. what a bunch of delusional/bitter losers

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, b3. said:

I like the Hughes and Hamonic idea. I feel like it will be similar to when Hughes played with Schenn. He has some grit to protect him a bit.

I like Hughes with Hamonic because I feel Hamonic is a great defenseman!  Full stop...

Over 20 minutes a night for 10 years straight. Almost all against the other teams best players.

Hamo will give Hughes the confidence to be Hughes with the puck. 

I ain't messing around...hockey's back.  Salad was first...now it's strip loin with cremini mushrooms and fresh garlic sauteed in butter.  Someone gave me a bottle of red wine at Christmas...high time that gets opened too!

90 minutes more.....

image.png

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Just now, gizmo2337 said:

So, who scores the first goal of this season for the Canucks?
I'll go with Jake.  Get ready to chug! :towel:

Great qyuizz; going Hogzlander!!! 

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I ain't messing around...hockey's back.  Salad was first...now it's strip loin with cremini mushrooms and fresh garlic sauteed in butter.  Someone gave me a bottle of red wine at Christmas...high time that gets opened too!

90 minutes more.....

image.png

Enjoy, I'm allergic to mushrooms. But looks great. 

• Hydration 1
6 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

For sure, say he has an awesome game do you find a way to keep him in the top six after this road trip? 

Oh definitely!    

Performance-based rewards.   Virtanen should bump someone else out if he proves that he is one of the best six forwards on the team.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
3 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

So, who scores the first goal of this season for the Canucks?
I'll go with Jake.  Get ready to chug! :towel:

It'll be a new guy.

Just now, DarkIndianRises said:

Oh definitely!    

Performance-based rewards.   Virtanen should bump someone else out if he proves that he is one of the best six forwards on the team.

Thing is, it's more than just a performance based bump that should happen.  Chemistry has to be considered and "a" guy has to fit with the other "guys"...if the top two lines are firing on all cylinders, that matters.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I like Hughes with Hamonic because I feel Hamonic is a great defenseman!  Full stop...

Over 20 minutes a night for 10 years straight. Almost all against the other teams best players.

Hamo will give Hughes the confidence to be Hughes with the puck. 

I'd rather see Hughes with the more dynamic (as well as meaner, heavier and more mobile) Myers.

Hamonic imo should play with Juolevi - and add pk minutes.

Edited by oldnews
6 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I was listening to calgary radio this afternoon and they said our defence downgraded lol.. what a bunch of delusional/bitter losers

they don't understand the art of war.

• Like 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • -Vintage Canuck- locked this topic