The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

My son is home from Vienna where he is working on his Doctorate in Computer Science and Pure Math.  He loves hockey and I love watching games with him because he gets so excited.  He heads back on Friday so we get the 2 games in Edmonton to watch together.  Going to really miss him when he's gone.  Glade we get 2 game to watch with Nachos and Guinness.  Canucks take both games.  :towel::canucks::towel::gocan::metal:

Enjoy your time with him man. My son is only a year and a half so I don't have those moments yet but when I do I will hold them dear. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Enjoy your time with him man. My son is only a year and a half so I don't have those moments yet but when I do I will hold them dear. 

unrelated, but you may be due for a name change, man. :P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

i'd be happy if he even just reached 35 points this year. don't get me wrong i think he is a great player but rookies from other teams generally put up 25-40 points... the elite ones put up around 60 max obviously when i say 35 points i mean based on an 82 game season. 

From my understanding he hasn't scored much this season in the SHL.  4 or 6 goals and the same in assists (Sorry if the numbers are off)  Can we really expect him to score 25 to 35 points this season?  We will have to see. 

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Woohooo, that’s all I’ve got to say.

NHL.com has been previewing the upcoming season and TG was a close second choice for the Adams as far as their predictions went.   We need your good luck - where is the FIRE GREEN? Lol.   We need you ready to go .... you were a good luck charm throughout the playoffs.   Be ready ... if they score first.  

• Cheers 1

I think I'll wait to see what the line ups are.

I guess the first game thread should be a pure cheerleader post.

I wonder if "messages" will be sent? Will Green play both goalies just to get them going? If so just make it the plan and stick to it regardless of the score. Make the first game HIS game and take the pressure off all the players, for the first game. In other words, don't worry about the score and don't worry about winning one battle but set up for the winning the war. See who the "gamers" are.

Hamonic?

At Edmonton, with no fans the home ice isn't a adrenaline push, only home ice changes.

Not a huge fan of these lines.

No real shut down line now that the Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson line has been canned, and I doubt that the Gaudette-Virtanen line will be able to produce the bottom 6 scoring that we need.   Sutter is useless as a winger, but is far better than Gaudette at center when healthy in my opinion.   MacEwen should be in the line-up.   

Having said all of the above, nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong.