The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

10 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

For sure, say he has an awesome game do you find a way to keep him in the top six after this road trip? 

If he plays well this game he will be in tomorrow and against the Flames. When we return home and JT is good to go; if Jake has played consistently well, Green might be forced to move Nils or Pearson down/out

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

JT out for up to 2 weeks.  Benn out at least a week. Bad news.  But...

Canucks are back tonight!   The excitement is palpable.

Canuck fans can rise above the bad news and wait for guys to return while we show everyone that we have an up and coming team.

This is a great time to be a fan.  We will have ups and downs but the trend is up.

Just win baby!

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I'd rather see Hughes with the more dynamic (as well as meaner, and heavier) Myers.

Hamonic imo should play with Juolevi - and add pk minutes.

I  respect the opinion. In spite of taking on Gudbrandson??  Hamonic is not really a tough guy.  Myers is faster also.  Has better offensive skills. Lots to like!

I just think he is better defensively.  Makes better decisions wi the puck. Fundamentally sound...

That is just how I would do it.

7 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I may be reading this with half glass full, but I do like that Kuzma puts it as "forced to miss...opening week".  

I'm not a free-dumb fighter like Donnelly, but if Miller at least, can do a week, (symptoms usually happen within 2 - 5 days after exposure) if he feels fine then, cannot he just take a test then. If he passes fine? 

It's not even clear to me Miller's tested positive even once, he's just been near someone who's 50-50 in results. And it's results not symptoms that determine quarantine periods, so I'm optimistic it'll only be a week 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Just saw the highlites of the penguins/flyers game, there’s advertisements on the helmets... gross :sick: I don’t want to see that garbage on any nhl uniform 

I remember there was no ads on the boards or ice, when I was growing up. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

JT out for up to 2 weeks.  Benn out at least a week. Bad news.  But...

Canucks are back tonight!   The excitement is palpable.

Canuck fans can rise above the bad news and wait for guys to return while we show everyone that we have an up and coming team.

This is a great time to be a fan.  We will have ups and downs but the trend is up.

Just win baby!

How is JT out of 2 weeks?  Unless he’s injured I don’t see it.  He didn’t even test positive for Covid.  Benn could be out for 2 weeks maybe.  I think it’s crazy to think the guy that tested positive could sit out less time than the roommate that didn’t test positive at all.  

Just now, Canuck Surfer said:

I  respect the opinion. In spite of taking on Gudbrandson??  Hamonic is not really a tough guy.  Myers is faster also.  Has better offensive skills. Lots to like!

I just think he is better defensively.  Makes better decisions wi the puck. Fundamentally sound...

That is just how I would do it.

either way they have options.

Myers was one of the better dzone exit D on the team last year - he and Hughes played together secondarily (next to the Hughes Tanev pairing)...I think Myers will be even better this year, and likely Hughes as well.

With an Edler Schmidt pairing that can put serious pressure on teams, they have a number of potential combinations that will be hard to handle.

I imagine we'll see some variation - and it'll be fun.

Just now, Pure961089 said:

How is JT out of 2 weeks?  Unless he’s injured I don’t see it.  He didn’t even test positive for Covid.  Benn could be out for 2 weeks maybe.  I think it’s crazy to think the guy that tested positive could sit out less time than the roommate that didn’t test positive at all.  

Ya unfortunately that's part of the learning cure here.  The guy who was exposed to someone who might have had it has to sit out 2 weeks.  He's gonna miss about 7 games . Benn gets to return 7 days after testing negative as long as his tests remain negative.  Learning curve here for sure about how to play in this world of rules.

Guys should not be living at someone else's house.  Kinda obvious given we are all living with these same rules.

• Cheers 1