The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Great first period. You can tell everyone is rusty. The breakout pass was a struggle but to be expected without preseason games. In regards to Virtanen. Whats happened to his physical game? Canucks could use a power forward like Josh Anderson. Virtanen looks so disinterested. Its early, but I dont know if Virtanen will ever have that drive. he needs to hit and use his body

Virtanen is on the first line right now my dude. His job is to be responsible right now and let Petey and Boeser do their thing.

Schmidt moves the puck so quickly you really have to take note of who's stick it was on for that fraction of a moment.

I think that will fit extremely well for Edler - hopefully reduce some wear on tear on him.  He's been a workhorse.  Would be great if that enabled him to remain as dominant as he's been.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

At this point i think what we see is what we get. Still a serviceable 3rd line guy but I’m beyond waiting for the next Bertuzzi to break out.

If anyone can find & wake up what's buried inside JV it will be a Top 10 hockey discovery of the century.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, brownky said:

Hoglander's advantage of having effectively a half a year of pro hockey "before the season" is a massive boost to his look, no question. The thing I'm a little concerned about is exactly what makes him good - his shiftiness will have "less" of a standout when all the guys really get tuned up to speed. How he handles the extra pressure and less time will be very interesting to see.

Yeah I’ll reserve some excitement for Hogs as my Shinkaruk and Mason Raymond scars are still quite fresh. But Hogs demonstrates a drive and desire to play bigger than his size that some previous prospects didn’t so i’m hopeful that this kid may make it.

• Haha 1