The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Leo Komarov, Alex Nedeljkovic

6 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Komarov is interesting. I hear about him quite a lot, surprised if he doesn't get claimed. 

That's because he used to play for the Toronto Maple Laughs, if he spends his entire career in NYI, no one will talk about him nearly as much.

16 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

If Harmonic theoretically wanted to sign with Winnipeg, he could still do it right? This situation seems perfect for Winnipeg. Cleared cap and a cleared space.

If he wants to quarantine again for 7 days go ahead.

:picard: 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

If Harmonic theoretically wanted to sign with Winnipeg, he could still do it right? This situation seems perfect for Winnipeg. Cleared cap and a cleared space.

He could but he won't. There's already a deal in place between him and the Canucks that I think he'll officially sign tomorrow.

And as playboi19 pointed out, if he were to deflect to Winnipeg, he'd have to quarantine for another 7 days. Doubt it.

Most likely Jets make a trade to get a guy on the taxi squad which is where Sbisa was headed. Though Ron Hainsey is available and could be signed if the Jets feel the need to add another d-man to replace Sbisa.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

Komarov is interesting. I hear about him quite a lot, surprised if he doesn't get claimed. 

I don't think anyone will bite if trey have to pay him the 3 million dollars he s owed this year.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Seller's remorse haha

Heard of buyer's remorse but not seller's remorse.

Had to look it up in the dictionary.

"Seller's Remorse", and they just had a picture of Cam:

Canucks at 50: Cam Neely trade proved to be GM's worst nightmare | The  Province

#21 Could have been hanging the rafters.

Maybe that's what current #21 was staring up at, the gap where it should be hung.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I don't think anyone will bite if trey have to pay him the 3 million dollars he s owed this year.

That may be the case in a Covid landscape, otherwise, I wouldn't be so certain of that.

26 pts, +18, 203 hits, secondary penalty killer - playing on a very good Isles shutdown line with Czikas two years ago.

14pts, +2, 123 hits (48 games) - while getting 37.9% ozone starts, again on Cizikas' line last year (one that is considered one of the best depth/hard minutes lines in the NHL).

Two years of term remaining - at 3 million - same terms and very 'comparable' player to Roussel - hard-working, effective and annoying as hell to play against.

The Isles, however, are (like many teams) = in a Covid cap tight spot.

They have Ladd making 5.5 x 3 more years of term (their LE) ...Clutterbuck 2x3.5, Cizikas 3.35, and Komarov 2x3 = all in their bottom six (3 x 4th line)....Martin was also in that group making 2.5 million last year....(re-signed at 4 x 1.5).

Another team - that like the Blues - and Canucks - that aren't as smart as CDC's armchairs - and 'waste' cap on bottom six 'foundation' players....(yet have managed some decent playoff runs).

Edited by oldnews
  • Wat 1