The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (13-16) 2021

Rate this topic

Watching the flyers game tonight, one thing I haven’t missed is tardiness of game start times. So used to having games (football, rugby, eihl etc) have the start time be the time published, and actually start at that time not about 15 mins later. Also not missed the going to adverts to c9me back to just say up next and go straight back to adverts 

It would be nice if the league and the networks could have revamped their broadcasting blackouts to match the new divisions.  It's day 3 of play and already we're seeing our second Penguins-Flyers game, and I don't care about either of those teams.  The Canadian teams matter to how the Canucks will fare, yet unless it's a national Sportsnet game, we're likely going to see a steady diet of NESN and the Pennsylvania teams.  I know there are legal/advertising/competing network concerns, but I think the advertisers would like expanding their viewing audience and the folks involved could get past the rivalries and work together during these unique conditions.

10 minutes ago, denniskearns said:

It would be nice if the league and the networks could have revamped their broadcasting blackouts to match the new divisions.  It's day 3 of play and already we're seeing our second Penguins-Flyers game, and I don't care about either of those teams.  The Canadian teams matter to how the Canucks will fare, yet unless it's a national Sportsnet game, we're likely going to see a steady diet of NESN and the Pennsylvania teams.  I know there are legal/advertising/competing network concerns, but I think the advertisers would like expanding their viewing audience and the folks involved could get past the rivalries and work together during these unique conditions.

im just streaming the leafs and ottawa game

37 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

NHL.com sucks so bad. Billion dollar organization and for 5+ years their website has been absolute trash in so many ways. 

3zSlf2w.png

Pretty sure there is no such thing as a 15 minute penalty. 

Yeah, it’s awful. Their game summary page is not secure and is still using http.