Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (13-16) 2021

Rate this topic

Just now, ruilin96 said:

Tanev got an assist on the Lindholm goal.

Owwwww....I'm going to need some painkillers for that. 

Guinness stat!

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Jets take it in OT

2/2 now on games in our division that don't involve us that are 3 pt games.

Kaprizov finally made his Wild debut more than 5 years after being drafted 3 GMs ago.  2 assists and the OT winner to edge LA 4-3.  

Tonight marked the first time a goaltender not named Henrik Lundqvist started the season opening game at Madison Square Garden for the Rangers since Kevin Weekes on October 6th, 2005.

Colin White, who makes $4.75 million, will be a healthy scratch for the Senators in the season opener against the Maple Leafs in favour of Josh Norris, Derek Stepan, Chris Tierney and Artem Anisimov.

Alex Galchenyck and Mike Reilly will also be healthy scratches.

Jordan Staal has been placed into COVID-19 protocol.

Anton Forsberg and Eric Comrie have also been placed in COVID-19 protocol for travel reasons before joining a new team.

Watching the flyers game tonight, one thing I haven’t missed is tardiness of game start times. So used to having games (football, rugby, eihl etc) have the start time be the time published, and actually start at that time not about 15 mins later. Also not missed the going to adverts to c9me back to just say up next and go straight back to adverts 

3-0 after 12 mins to flyers and Jarry chased from the crease. Flyers crashing the net well 

NHL.com sucks so bad. Billion dollar organization and for 5+ years their website has been absolute trash in so many ways. 

3zSlf2w.png

Pretty sure there is no such thing as a 15 minute penalty. 

Edited by Down by the River

It would be nice if the league and the networks could have revamped their broadcasting blackouts to match the new divisions.  It's day 3 of play and already we're seeing our second Penguins-Flyers game, and I don't care about either of those teams.  The Canadian teams matter to how the Canucks will fare, yet unless it's a national Sportsnet game, we're likely going to see a steady diet of NESN and the Pennsylvania teams.  I know there are legal/advertising/competing network concerns, but I think the advertisers would like expanding their viewing audience and the folks involved could get past the rivalries and work together during these unique conditions.

10 minutes ago, denniskearns said:

It would be nice if the league and the networks could have revamped their broadcasting blackouts to match the new divisions.  It's day 3 of play and already we're seeing our second Penguins-Flyers game, and I don't care about either of those teams.  The Canadian teams matter to how the Canucks will fare, yet unless it's a national Sportsnet game, we're likely going to see a steady diet of NESN and the Pennsylvania teams.  I know there are legal/advertising/competing network concerns, but I think the advertisers would like expanding their viewing audience and the folks involved could get past the rivalries and work together during these unique conditions.

im just streaming the leafs and ottawa game

37 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

NHL.com sucks so bad. Billion dollar organization and for 5+ years their website has been absolute trash in so many ways. 

3zSlf2w.png

Pretty sure there is no such thing as a 15 minute penalty. 

Yeah, it’s awful. Their game summary page is not secure and is still using http.