The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (13-16) 2021

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

probably like brooksie was too torts lol

Just read the backstory. 

One example of his takes:

"[Voracek] considers diligence in the defensive zone outside the scope of his role and above his pay grade – a rich attitude for a player who is scheduled to earn $8.25 million annually for the next five years."

Plus tweets saying the Flyers should trade him.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, rekker said:

Watched a lot of hockey since Weds. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come but the lack of hitting and physicality is concerning. Reminds me of an All Star game out there a lot of times.

yeah watchnig the canucks and oilers, was pretty annoyed with how there was barley any and if some one did hit someone be like a little bump.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, rekker said:

Watched a lot of hockey since Weds. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come but the lack of hitting and physicality is concerning. Reminds me of an All Star game out there a lot of times.

I wonder if the condensed schedule has anything to do with it. I expect the physicality to ramp up later on in the season.

Also no pre season could be a reason why too

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I wonder if the condensed schedule has anything to do with it. I expect the physicality to ramp up later on in the season.

Also no pre season could be a reason why too

Ya. I'm hoping it's the lack of pre season. Players just not even close to ramped up yet.

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’d laugh if Ottawa won the division after everyone wrote them off.

I’ve said this season especially in the Canadian division there isn’t any team that’s at the level of stinking the place out. Because of the realignment this division doesn’t have a bottom dweller. I would imagine the points totals for Canadian teams to be a lot lot lower than the top teams south of the border because of this.

while I wouldn’t say the Sens will win this division I don’t think they are a lock for bottom, as I would imagine there will probably be the tightest if margins between finishing bottom and missing the playoffs