The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (13-16) 2021

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Oh wow now I need context.

What did that guy write?

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2021/1/16/22234280/why-is-jake-voracek-so-mad-philadelphia-flyers

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Jets cancel practice today

COVID related

That's a little concerning for sure...considering they played the Flames Thursday and we play them today.

Fingers crossed.  This is such a weird time....let's get this vaccinating done so we don't have to worry so much.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Apparently he writes a lot of negative articles about him.

That's a little concerning for sure...considering they played the Flames Thursday and we play them today.

Fingers crossed.  This is such a weird time....let's get this vaccinating done so we don't have to worry so much.

It’s more than just a few articles - he is a constant hack at him and Gagner. Creating stories when there isn’t any, twisting things to make it look like he has a problem AV, when the team were performing really well last season attacking those two players when they were in a minor slump as wastes of space and that they need to get shipped out. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

It’s more than just a few articles - he is a constant hack at him and Gagner. Creating stories when there isn’t any, twisting things to make it look like he has a problem AV, when the team were performing really well last season attacking those two players when they were in a minor slump as wastes of space and that they need to get shipped out. 

Kind of like the hate Jake gets on here? (ducks)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Warning:  strong language NSFW

Don't hold back.  At all.

I'd like to see a conversation like this, but with more to it.

'Gee Mike, you still employed as a writer for xx paper? Surprised, with your lagging ratings they didn't replace you. Especially for the money you have been making.

Does your contract have a no performance clause?" Do you ever feel bad for mailing it in?"

Every single thing this 'Mike" has written about Jake Voracek turned 180 and dumped back on that media guy.

Generally it is bad policy to argue with guys that buy their ink by the tonne, but once in awhile media/everyone needs to be called out for their conduct.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

16 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Well, with their roster, Ottawa will make other teams pay. I hate to think of what the hit total will be against Vancouver, considering that they were outhit by Edmonton of all teams, 32-17. 

Going to probably be ugly. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I like Myles Wood on NJ. Already 2 goals in 2 games. I've liked him for awhile, would love to see him in Vancouver one day. 

Also Jack Hughes looks good.

Next season, when Jersey plays in Vancouver soon enough, or would you like to trade for him?:lol:

Edited by gurn

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Next season, when Jersey plays in Vancouver soon enough, or would you like to trade for him?:lol:

Haha ideally a trade at some point :lol: Unless he becomes a free agent.

Big guy that uses his size, kills penalties, can play up and down your lineup if needed, and can score some goals. Would be a nice addition. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Posted about this when I saw it. It’s not a bad elbow but it was deliberately targeted to the head with no attempt at anything else. I would expect 3 games 

5 games if McCann is still on the Canucks. But merely just a fine if he is a Penguin.

• Vintage 1