22 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ehrhoff - Hughes

Edler - Edler

Hamhuis - Schmidt

Bieksa - Hamonic

Salo - Juolevi

Ballard - Myers

I think VAN is close...,if not already there

Man your absolutely right. The scary part is I think Hughes and Schmidt is wayyy better than their counterparts. Excited to see what this D will do.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ehrhoff - Hughes

Edler - Edler

Hamhuis - Schmidt

Bieksa - Hamonic

Salo - Juolevi

Ballard - Myers

I think VAN is close...,if not already there

Man. Is that the old Edler - Edler duo???

Man I missed those guys.

Love it. I loved Tanev and all, but if he plays well I'd have no issue with retaining Hamonic as a replacement. This isn't a knock on Tanev, but I like the physicality Hamonic will bring in addition to his steady defensive play, it really helps round out the D core. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Absolute bargain of a contract and his skillset fits our group like a glove.  Should fit in very well with our group given his devotion to his family and charity work; he's definitely a character guy.  He'll be a fan favourite here with everyone who appreciates a solid shutdown guy.

Couldn’t agree more with this. His charity work starting with the Islanders bringing children who had lost a parent to games and into the dressing room is inspiring. He is everything that we ask a Canuck to be.

7 minutes ago, 22and33 said:

Harmonic @1.25m >>>>>> Tanev @4.5

Tanev sign almost as soon as he was available hamonic pto 11th hour. 
was deemed a liability by most on here when he played for Calgary now he’s as good as the best defensive dman this team has had in tanev. Lol.

A Stretcher replacement and even stecher had no problem getting signed sooooo.

Pretty low expectation for a this guy think our young guys would be as good or better than him. 
And isn’t he injured as often as tanev. 
One year best part of the deal. 

Wouldn’t be a JB team if we had a dollar of cap space thou so there’s that. 

• Wat 1

22 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

was deemed a liability by most on here when he played for Calgary now he’s as good as the best defensive dman this team has had in tanev. Lol.

Pretty low expectation for a this guy think our young guys would be as good or better than him. 

So Tanev at more than 3 times the AAV is a better idea and the CDC consensus (if there ever was one on ANY player) is accurate about player value?   

I doubt many GMs in the league would take Tanev over Hamonic straight up but, hey, if CDC say otherwise they must be right.

Further, what on earth does timing have to do with this other than signify Calgary prematurely reacted potentially and overestimated the market (I sure think they did with Marky) and perhaps the wiser and better approach was to be patient........nah, couldn't be....CDC said so.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

30 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Never considered Harmonic a liability; in fact I've said multiple times he was one of the few guys on the Flamers I respected.  He brings a very specific skillset that we were lacking.

The reason it took so long was because Hamonic had a very short list of teams he was interested in due to off ice concerns.  He could have gotten way more on the open market but he made the right decision for his family.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, 22and33 said:

Harmonic @1.25m >>>>>> Tanev @4.5

He played same minutes as Tanev last year... What was Calgary thinking??? Sign Tanev for 4.5 million X 4 yrs?? Crazy

Hamonic, 30, 6'2, 210, gritty, solid stay at home, gritty , leadership-- Very very great deal..

Hamonic solid # 3 - D  - Man can  play big minutes if needed, played over 21 minutes per game last year..

What a great defence we have now.

1A. Hughes  23-25 mins   1B. Schmidt 23- 25 mins    3. Edler  19-21 mins  4.Hamonic 19-21 mins  5. Myers  19 -21 mins   6. Juolevi       Benn, Rathbone, Rafferty 

Best defence in Canadian Division..

Edited by wildcam
  • Like 1