The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Hamonic l #27 l D

-DLC-

1 hour ago, deus.ex.makina said:

How can he « sacrificing » others if they are vaccinated ? He just need to be tested often to be sure he doesnt have the virus. To be honest its the testing that should have been mandatory, even for the vaccinated who can carry and infect others.

Any Canadian team player, who isn’t vaccinated, will need to quarantine for 14 days when coming back from US games.  Basically those players will miss about 30 games.  

18 minutes ago, mll said:

Testing is mandatory:  vaccinated players are tested at least once every 72 hours and unvaccinated players are tested daily.  

Im not talking about nhl, it was more of a global réflection. Here in France the unvaccinated need to be tested every 72h, but vaccinated get a free pass to infect others, despite of studies that shows the viral charges carried be the vaccinated too.

Edited by deus.ex.makina

3 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Im not talking about nhl, it was more of a global réflection. Here in France the unvaccinated need to be tested every 72h, but vaccinated get a free pass to infect others, despite of studies that shows the viral charges carried be the vaccinated too.

Don’t care.  Get vaccinated and quit whining.  

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Don’t care.  Get vaccinated and quit whining.  

Who s whining ? Keep your injunction please.

Israël over vaccinate and they prepare for the 4th jab. Its time to use care AND vaccin, keep barrier gestures and be tested. The « all and only » vaccination approach  seems to come to an end. 

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Who s whining ? Keep your injunction please.

Israël over vaccinate and they prepare for the 4th jab. Its time to use care AND vaccin, keep barrier gestures and be tested. The « all and only » vaccination approach  seems to come to an end. 

15% of our BC population makes up 90% of our Covid hospitalization.  Excepting for medical and age reasons, it’s only the selfish, ignorant, and childish who are not yet vaccinated.  Grow up, and get vaccinated.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

10 hours ago, JM_ said:

no I get it. I just have no respect for it being a difficult decision. There's nothing difficult about it. 

Well, if I had that much money in the bank it certainly would be a no brainer also........

I would give my apologies and would just not report.

Just saying.

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

But how is he infecting his kid by getting the vaccine, if anything he's reducing the chance. What am I missing here?

He should just quit hockey then because we can't have him sacrificing others (even if they are grown men their lives and their families still matter) for no reason.

But who says he has not been vaccinated? Maybe he has, but is still wrestling with the fact of increased exposure.....not saying it will happen, only there is a chance.

I hear you, but I think there is a lot of pressure.........I don't know, people on here think it is an easy decision............

9 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

But how is he infecting his kid by getting the vaccine, if anything he's reducing the chance. What am I missing here?

I mentioned it in another thread, but there’s antivax disinformation out there that claims “viral shedding” causes vaccinated people to infect others with Covid, and that the 4th and 5th waves are the result of the high numbers of people getting vaccinated, and then spreading the virus. 

It’s complete BS, totally disproven garbage, but it gets traction on social media, and if you’re on the wrong side of the algorithms, you’ll get spoonfed articles that look “scientific” enough to be convincing, at least to more gullible, unsophisticated readers, or those who are already suspicious of MSM, intellectual “elites,” scientific consensus, etc, and prefer to “do their own research.”

There’s Facebook stuff going around right now that advises people how to “protect themselves” from the vaccinated.

It’s wild stuff, but if people go down these rabbit holes, they become convinced that the vaccines are evil and causing most of the infections, rather than preventing them.

I’m not saying Hamonic is caught up in all that BS, but if he is, he’d probably think his best way to protect himself and his family is to not take the vaccine, and to avoid contact with anyone who is vaccinated.

(What a world we live in. :sadno:)

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Autocorrect
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m not saying Hamonic is caught up in all that BS, but if he is, he’d probably think his best way to protect himself and his family is to not take the vaccine

I figured that was the only logical (yet... likely illogical) reasoning behind the potential fact of him not wanting to vaccinate. 

As others have said, you'd think covid was discussed with him before the contract. It was clear his stance and family position was fairly unique.

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I mentioned it in another thread, but there’s antivax disinformation out there that claims “viral shedding” causes vaccinated people to infect others with Covid, and that the 4th and 5th waves are the result of the high numbers of people getting vaccinated, and then spreading the virus. 

It’s complete BS, totally disproven garbage, but it gets traction on social media, and if you’re on the wrong side of the algorithms, you’ll get spoonfed articles that look “scientific” enough to be convincing, at least to more gullible, unsophisticated readers, or those who are already suspicious of MSM, intellectual “elites,” scientific consensus, etc, and prefer to “do their own research.”

There’s Facebook stuff going around right now that advises people how to “protect themselves” from the vaccinated.

It’s wild stuff, but if people go down these rabbit holes, they become convinced that the vaccines are evil and causing most of the infections, rather than preventing them.

I’m not saying Hamonic is caught up in all that BS, but if he is, he’d probably think his best way to protect himself and his family is to not take the vaccine, and to avoid contact with anyone who is vaccinated.

(What a world we live in. :sadno:)

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. It sounds even dumber when you read it out loud.

What a world indeed ... complete stupidity. If Hamonic is like that I hope he takes his millions, stockpiles food and toilet paper and boards him and his family in his house.

3 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

But who says he has not been vaccinated? Maybe he has, but is still wrestling with the fact of increased exposure.....not saying it will happen, only there is a chance.

I hear you, but I think there is a lot of pressure.........I don't know, people on here think it is an easy decision............

He shouldn't have signed the contract or made the team fully aware his intentions were to flake out. I'm having a lot of trouble following this guys lines of thought. It's time to quit hockey for this guy in my opinion. I'm wondering if we have a replacement in mind or staff from within.

it's disappointing because i was so excited to see what a good whole camp for Hamonic can do to his season's debut. 
even with signing him early we re again almost at the same point as last season where he needed to catch up. 
i guess its a good insurance that we ve signed Schenn.  

so right now our D is shaping something like this 

OEL Poolman

Rathbone Myers

Juolevi Schenn 

with Juolevi almost kicked out of camp/team/organization/memory.

Edited by deus.ex.makina

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Benning should have done his due diligence in ensuring that every player he signed this offseason was willing to get poked. Just sayin'

Please provide a quote by either the team or Hamonic that this delay is about covid or the vaccine.   

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Please provide a quote by either the team or Hamonic that this delay is about covid or the vaccine.   

10 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Assuming his absence is vaccine related, Benning should have done his due diligence in ensuring that every player he signed this offseason was willing to get poked. Just sayin'

Happy?

• Thanks 1