The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Hamonic l #27 l D

-DLC-

6 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

I know that. The why was there to indicate where would he play on our team

Defense?     lol

Right side d man, 3rd pairing behind Poolman and Schenn; or perhaps Hughes switches to right, so Schenn and Troy share 3rd pair d man?

20 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Poolman should be a decent partner, or we can try Hughes on the right with OEL.

I'm partial to a Manson deal if we're able to work out an extension.

20 hours ago, EmilyM said:

I'm starting to lean towards trying Hughes/OEL together. Hopefully Rathbone can continue to develop into a great 2LD to give them that depth flexibility.

I kinda like the idea of putting Hughes on the right side. If only he was in camp to practice that. :huh:

• Huggy Bear 3

12 minutes ago, gurn said:

Defense?     lol

Right side d man, 3rd pairing behind Poolman and Schenn; or perhaps Hughes switches to right, so Schenn and Troy share 3rd pair d man?

OEL - Poolman

Hughes - Schenn (SP)

OJ - Myers

Or

OEL - Poolman

Rath - Schenn

OJ - Myers. 

Stecher?

Edited by FaninMex
I spell bad

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

OEL - Poolman

Hughes - Shenn (SP)

OJ - Myers

Or

OEL - Poolman

Rath - Shenn

OJ - Myers. 

Stecher?

figures, I forgot about the tallest, biggest guy on the roster. :picard: I think it's because I'm trying to block out the picture of all that neck.

At this point I'd figure troy and Luke Schenn to be about equal, but different.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

No description available.

not sure of the reliability of this source...this channel is run by Rob Simpson

10 hours ago, iinatcc said:

It's going to be an inconvenience for American teams as well especially if they are from the Pacific or Atlantic division. And what happens if that team faces a Canadian team in the playoffs?

Doubt any American team would take Hamonic 

10 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I have nothing againts Hamonic looking out for his family but regarding the bolded part, I can't see how anyone would think Covid would be a thing of the past, even if there was a a Vaccine, the Delta variant already started to spread around May or June and we all know Covid is never going to go away. 

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Still lots of smoke around this but it puts the Canucks and JB in a really tricky spot so as far as I'm concerned, this is pretty unprofessional unless it's a really personal/private matter (like looking after his daughter). If it's more about playing in America then Hamonic really should have made it clear to JB at the start of the off-season rather than signing a contract and handcuffing us at the start of training camp.

I guess we're lucky in that it looks like Rathbone has improved physically and we've got Juolevi and Schenn as back-ups, but I don't know who will be stable enough to play with the risky Hughes.

We're not bad without Hamonic, it'll just force us to play our kids a bit more but I was hoping we could keep one of them on the side-lines for when injuries strike, which is when we'll be really thinned. If JB can somehow work a 1-for-1 trade with another top-5 defenceman on an American team then fantastic but I doubt they're out there. Sending him back to NYI might be a shout but they're pretty stacked on defence anyway so not sure who they'd prefer to lose.

I guess without Hamonic, we're going with:

OEL - Poolman

Hughes - Myers

Rathbone - Juolevi/Schenn

Bit nervous playing the two kids together on a 3rd line that will get feasted on, but Schenn is far from stable either. Rathbone-Myers would have been one of the best 3rd pairings in the league.

Not happy with this guys decision making skills. Surely he could have done far better if this is the case. Trade him if we can or cancel his contract and find a replacement. I don't think we can play Schenn 82 games.

28 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Not happy with this guys decision making skills. Surely he could have done far better if this is the case. Trade him if we can or cancel his contract and find a replacement. I don't think we can play Schenn 82 games.

Even if the vaccinated/unvaccinated status didn't come into play here this time of the year you won't be able to trade Hamonic, every team has their rosters in mind and is working their young guys into their spots. 

I assume all this talk is speculation, but why bother signing in the first place in Vancouver if you had concerns about being vaccinated or covid in general. Nobody could have foreseen things moving past covid by now and certainly not during the offseason when he signed. If he indeed is not returning to Vancouver over vaccinations or is requesting a trade the timing and lack of foresight is extremely unprofessional and in regards to his family a real head scratcher.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

he might as well sit out the season. no one is going to take him. he can't play in canada, he can't play in new york. he can't play in the bay area.. and eventually there prolly will be more cities that won't allow you to play if unvaccinated. he doesn't want to get vax due to family reason that's fine. but if he's asking the team to help facilitate a trade for him while wasting the cap space so we can't get a replacement that's selfish. just make up ur damn mind and retire or sit out already.

How about we wait for the facts wai?

A replacement that's selfish?:picard:

Wasting the cap space? :picard:

Try a sentence break once in a while

42 minutes ago, gurn said:

figures, I forgot about the tallest, biggest guy on the roster. :picard: I think it's because I'm trying to block out the picture of all that neck.

At this point I'd figure troy and Luke Schenn to be about equal, but different.

No worries, Myers also forgets that he's the tallest, biggest guy on the roster, too.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

If true, can the team suspend him without pay?

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Even if the vaccinated/unvaccinated status didn't come into play here this time of the year you won't be able to trade Hamonic, every team has their rosters in mind and is working their young guys into their spots. 

I assume all this talk is speculation, but why bother signing in the first place in Vancouver if you had concerns about being vaccinated or covid in general. Nobody could have foreseen things moving past covid by now and certainly not during the offseason when he signed. If he indeed is not returning to Vancouver over vaccinations or is requesting a trade the timing and lack of foresight is extremely unprofessional and in regards to his family a real head scratcher.

Adding to the trade issue is we really need a physical, right sided stay at home D and can’t afford more than Hamonic’s cap hit. 
so, who gives up exactly what Hamonic is for Hamonic without it being a significant downgrade or Benning burning more assets to get rid of UFA signing. 

• Sad 1

I don't really care about his vaccination decisions from a personal level, but on a business/team level, I would think that if he refuses to play based on vaccinations, that would be grounds for contract termination or suspension, no? Not sure what the NHLPA would say about that.

Benning needs an assistant GM, to speak with the public, help him negotiate deals, and manage the cap. 

The team should have said he has personal issues to deal with, and would appreciate giving him privacy. 

That would be better than the situation now, with everyone just speculating. 

42 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If true, can the team suspend him without pay?

Not if he wants to play.  Vaccination is not mandatory.  There are stricter protocols to follow for unvaccinated players.  Teams can withhold pay for the days where the unvaccinated players are unavailable due to quarantine requirements or if they test positive.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Benning needs an assistant GM, to speak with the public, help him negotiate deals, and manage the cap. 

The team should have said he has personal issues to deal with, and would appreciate giving him privacy. 

That would be better than the situation now, with everyone just speculating. 

Isnt that what he said?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Not if he wants to play.  Vaccination is not mandatory.  There are stricter protocols to follow for unvaccinated players.  Teams can withhold pay for the days where the unvaccinated players are unavailable due to quarantine requirements or if they test positive.  

Islanders seem to have made stricter team rules though.