The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Hamonic l #27 l D

-DLC-

Hamonic was just placed on LTIR. Does anyone know if this was cap related? Once a player is on LTIR they have to miss a minimum of 10 games and I'm not sure they can back-date it. If he has to miss 10 more games minimum that's a bit of a blow to the d-corps that could definitely use his help.

15 hours ago, GritGrinder said:

Hamonic was just placed on LTIR. Does anyone know if this was cap related? Once a player is on LTIR they have to miss a minimum of 10 games and I'm not sure they can back-date it. If he has to miss 10 more games minimum that's a bit of a blow to the d-corps that could definitely use his help.

I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the majority of this season to be honest. Comes into camp, and is already behind, and then plays games, and then gets injured. I hope he comes back soon, cause the team's defense sure could use his help (if he's ready to come back). He needs practice too to get used to players and the system that Green's trying to implement. 

On 2/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, GritGrinder said:

12 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the majority of this season to be honest. Comes into camp, and is already behind, and then plays games, and then gets injured. I hope he comes back soon, cause the team's defense sure could use his help (if he's ready to come back). He needs practice too to get used to players and the system that Green's trying to implement. 

Sounds like he should be back soon.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

probably not good to go tonight, eh? He'd be a welcomed addition back into the lineup, once he can get himself to game shape. 

Yeah, not tonight.

And yes, we desperately need him back. Not only is he a 'top 4 capable' D but he's also the steadying, veteran presence Hughes needs and will also soak up some of the harder dzone starts/pk etc minutes that are presently hampering Schmidt.

Unfortunately, even once he's back, it's probably a couple weeks before he's in game shape and starts to nail down systems, chemistry etc. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, goalie13 said:

I believe yesterday Green said he was getting closer, but didn't give a timeline.

If memory serves me right, Harmonic spent considerable time injured in Calgary, one step up from Ferland. I wonder how many clubs have signed FA' who are so injury prone 

If Travis comes back into the lineup, who sits from the guys who have been playing on defense?  I think the defense has settled down and have played well.  I am hoping Greener doesn't sit OJ as he seems to be getting more confident every game. B)

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, dpn1 said:

If Travis comes back into the lineup, who sits from the guys who have been playing on defense?  I think the defense has settled down and have played well.  I am hoping Greener doesn't sit OJ as he seems to be getting more confident every game. B)

Should be Benn, but if hamonic doesn’t play good then honestly I’d just keep him as the 7th D and rotate him in every now and then to keep fresh legs 

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If the price and term are right I would agree to that.

I do not expect he will be signed till after the expansion draft though.

Yeah. Is first few games he was terrible. But since coming back he's been great.

On 2/24/2021 at 3:14 PM, Canucksince99 said:

Should be Benn, but if hamonic doesn’t play good then honestly I’d just keep him as the 7th D and rotate him in every now and then to keep fresh legs 

the other Travis doesn't know how to keep legs fresh

Hurricanes called on Hamonic, who doesn’t want to go anywhere

Sportsnet: The Carolina Hurricanes are looking for a defenseman and have called the Vancouver Canucks about Travis Hamonic according to Elliotte Friedman. Hamonic isn’t interested in going anywhere though.

“Carolina is looking for a right-handed shot defenceman who fits Hamonic’s mould. I think they did ask about Vancouver about Hamonic, but, as we all know, Hamonic prefers to stay locally in Western Canada. He isn’t going and he’s not going to be waiving his no-trade clause this season.”

Hamonic mentioned earlier this month (Vancouver Province) that he hopes to main in Vancouver long-term.

“I’d love it,” said Hamonic. “When we decided on Vancouver, we looked at it as a long-term situation of where we wanted to be for my career and family. I’ve loved every second of it and it’s been a good fit. Hopefully, something can transpire and make it work, but I’m not looking at that right now.

“A lot of things have to happen with guys before those conversations are had with me and that’s fine. I’m trying to enjoy my time and it’s great to be out there playing.”

• Like 3