The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Hamonic l #27 l D

-DLC-

1 hour ago, gurn said:

So, in short form, you have no link.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-booster-dose-helped-neutralize-omicron-study-1.5732693

again there's probably plenty of site out there that'll say the same thing but you'll choose to believe whatever u want to believe. Vaccine is effective in keeping you alive out of hospital but doesn't provide much in terms of making you not catch covid the current variant.. if the vaccine makes you unlikely to catch the omicron virus why are we still wearing mask and have gathering restrictions etc etc?

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-booster-dose-helped-neutralize-omicron-study-1.5732693

again there's probably plenty of site out there that'll say the same thing but you'll choose to believe whatever u want to believe. Vaccine is effective in keeping you alive out of hospital but doesn't provide much in terms of making you not catch covid the current variant.. if the vaccine makes you unlikely to catch the omicron virus why are we still wearing mask and have gathering restrictions etc etc?

He has the vaccine. Marchand injured him then he had a setback.

9 hours ago, higgyfan said:

No, he can't be traded whilst on LTIR.  Then, he has a NTC for the rest of this season.  Next season, he can

be traded.

In retrospect, it hasn't been a bad situation for the Nucks.  His cap hit is taken care of by the injury reserve status, and while he's been away, it has given Poolman time to get his game going.

His modified-NTC limits trade options but not his injured status - players on IR or LTIR can be traded eg Eichel earlier this season.  Injured players (whether IR or LTIR) can't be bought out or demoted to the minors though.

On 1/21/2022 at 7:50 PM, Alflives said:

You must be very young to not know “Festivus is for the rest of us”?  

As for Hamonic.  We need him on the ice, and soon.  

Naw. The Canucks don’t need Hamonic at all.

EDM

Hamonic

Halak

+

VAN

1st ‘22

Edited by Me_

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think the last I heard was maybe after the all-star break.

You're right. There were reports stating as such. 

Not sure if we could move him this year. I would if I could but he hasn't played enough to warrant teams being interested, especially at another year at 3M. Next year will be a lot easier to do for sure.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You're right. There were reports stating as such. 

Not sure if we could move him this year. I would if I could but he hasn't played enough to warrant teams being interested, especially at another year at 3M. Next year will be a lot easier to do for sure.

Yeah, I'd love to, but it's probably not realistic. Big MAYBE, if he comes back and plays well.

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I'd love to, but it's probably not realistic. Big MAYBE, if he comes back and plays well.

He'd have to come back and play real good. Teams probably pass on him and ask for Schenn or perhaps even Burroughs before that though.

I would rather retain Schenn unless packaging him with Miller nets us a greater return or maybe with Garland/Boeser for a Carlo-type?

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He'd have to come back and play real good. Teams probably pass on him and ask for Schenn or perhaps even Burroughs before that though.

I would rather retain Schenn unless packaging him with Miller nets us a greater return or maybe with Garland/Boeser for a Carlo-type?

Yeah, Schenn's good depth, can play with Hughes and is cheap. Unless he's the difference in us getting Schneider or something...

Just now, aGENT said:

Yeah, Schenn's good depth, can play with Hughes and is cheap. Unless he's the difference in us getting Schneider or something...

Oh yeah if we're netting Scheider I feel for sure they will ask for Schenn. They've been looking for a mainstay at 3RD and have been trying players out there(Lundkvist/Scheider/etc). Schneider's been the only real guy to secure that spot.