The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Par Lindholm, Devin Shore, Dmytro Timashov, Boo Nieves, Craig Anderson, Rodrigo Abols, Kevin Connauton

1 hour ago, ruilin96 said:

And Kevin Connauton. GM JB got to pick up these 2 because of Asset Management!

In the past week I think the Canucks could have iced a team based on people that they've traded / shipped off and since found on Waivers this year.

Aside from the goalies I guess it's pretty close. I know they've had enough forwards and definitely 4+ defencemen for sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 1/13/2021 at 10:50 AM, brownky said:

In the past week I think the Canucks could have iced a team based on people that they've traded / shipped off and since found on Waivers this year.

Aside from the goalies I guess it's pretty close. I know they've had enough forwards and definitely 4+ defencemen for sure.

I'm kind of liking what I'm saw last night so I'm mostly just shrugging at these waivers. Some of them I think also prove why we sent them off given they're on waivers. lol

On 1/13/2021 at 10:50 AM, brownky said:

I actually did this back in 2017. I managed to get 12F, 6D, and 2G out of former Canuck property placed on waivers in just the 2017 offseason/early in the regular season

Would probably be a fun exercise to do early in every season and see if some waiver years are particularly strong or weak. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

His real first name is Cristoval.

I don't know why he goes by Boo and not Chris or even Cris

His parents nicknamed him “Bugaboo” when he was little, got shortened to Boo, and just stuck.

As to why the parents nicknamed him Bugaboo to start with, your guess is as good as mine. 

• Haha 1