The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who do you think GMJB has in mind?

Rate this topic

Tree n Me

It would have to be someone on an expiring deal.  I think this is a reach by tsn as they don’t know much about hoglander and look at it as our one obvious spot to upgrade.  I would expect incoming prospects will get first crack this year before we start exploring external options.  All of our 3rd liners are guys you expect will see continued improvement and eventually could work their way up the lineup.  Forward depth is pretty solid based on what we can ice even while being down Miller.

For what it is worth, I think Canucks are kicking tires on moving some depth prospect or another for a good one  year fit with somebody like Patric Hornqvist from the Panthers or moving a bigger package for a longer-term fit with a target of someone like Tuevo Teravainen from 'Canes.   Both would fit the team as it is formed and if chatter means anything, they are players Canucks have asked about before (no idea if currently).   

• Like 1

I tend to think that with financial problem for Aquaman there'll be a load of pressure for Vcr to insure they make the play-offs. The heck with patience with prospects  move them out to bring bona fide vets and fill the building and play-offs

I watched that last night also.. I feel like Duthie was the only one who actually took a look at the Canucks. Button compared Tanev to being replaced by  Hamonic (for some reason) and that being a downgrade... And Dreger had to check his notes to see how to awkwardly pronounce Hoglander for the first time. 

I have no trust in what most of them have to say about the Canucks, and I hope this isn't the TSN crew for the North division all season... If it is I'd like to propose a trade, Dreger for Mckenzie.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Tree n Me said:

Darren Dreger suggested in Inside Trading the other day that GMJB is looking to add a top six winger.  Any guesses at who he might be targeting?

The same guy who ranked Canucks finishing 6th place in the division? That takes all his credibility away.

Edited by CanucksForever2