The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Is the team collectively just afraid to hit, or is this a coaching issue?

Too soon after a condensed boot camp, too many are still in pre-pre-season form, perhaps? Pray that they manage these back to back, or 3 in 4 night tilts, much better in the days & weeks ahead.   

12 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Come on Jake doooo something 

Hope he pulls his socks up for the next game.    I've never figured out if he is aware how much of a floater he can be.   I trust the coaching staff is playing back video to him showing how much ice he's melting just standing still out there.  

1 minute ago, NZCanuck said:

So frustrating not having a separate PGT!! Some of us in other countries rely on easily seeing reaction to the game that was played while we were at work. 

terrible idea. 

Click the stickied post at the top, where it says "go to this post", takes you to when the game ended. I thought it was a good idea by Vintage now that I've seen it. Just make a couple extra clicks and chill

• Like 1

Imagine being on a 2-year show me contract, getting a golden opportunity to play with the team's top forwards to start the season, and playing like that

But you just wait till we get to the Roxy!

Edited by guntrix
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Practice, JT miller, and a coherent plan. Mostly a proper plan. This looks like preseason planning still on the PP.

It's the exact same powerplay we had literally since day 1 of last season. Nothing has changed. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Not worth it to have two more years of Sutters cap hit at 2 mil. Sutter is still a useful player.

They’re not willing to walk away from Jake for nothing. He’s still a 15-20 goal scorer which is good value at 2.5 mil. 

Sutter has a good game every 10 games. And Jake will never peak. He will put up 30 points a year and that’s all you are getting from him. For his size, speed and shot he sure floats a lot. I’ve never been sold on Jake. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brownky said:

Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr have all retired.

McDavid isn't fit to carry their jocks.

Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr cannot do what McDavid does. McDavid can do what all three of them can in terms of skill. 

Don't be bitter because McDavid is unravelling our team. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He's a third line player. Its his 6th season. He's only 1 year younger than Bo.

We need to stop holding onto this.

We still need third line players.

He’s a better option than MacEwan in that spot.

Green needs to stop putting him on the top line as if he’s just going to figure it out. I’d honestly rather give Baertschi a chance there. At least he’ll work hard for that opportunity.

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Hope he pulls his socks up for the next game.    I've never figured out if he is aware how much of a floater he can be.   I trust the coaching staff is playing back video to him showing how much ice he's melting just standing still out there.  

He’s been given a golden opportunity on the top line , just don’t see the desire/effort to stay there like a lot of guys would give 

• Like 1