The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

"Is unravelling"?  Last night he was a no show...tonight she showed up.  It seems to be a thing.

What? McDavid had a lot of chances last night. He just didn't convert. 

Im a die hard Canuck fan too. But I am not so homer that i can't recognize skill and talent from other players not wearing a Canucks jersey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

weren't we top 5 in the league last year? yeah mabe ur right. they always say, change something that's working

We absolutely feasted on teams like Detroit. Couldn't generate anything against teams that understood defense. Been that way ever since Newell has coached. He's the perfect PP coach against trash teams. 

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Thats fine if your happy with what he offers. But he is what he is at this point. 

I'd like to see a little more of MacEwen in a larger role. 

I’m not fine with it.

But i feel like green is giving him false hope that he can be a top 6 player.

His role needs to be a bottom 6 energy guy. As soon as he accepts that role and stops thinking he’s a skilled offensive player, the sooner he can simplify his game and play effectively. Or he doesn’t play.

Gaudette looks stronger on his feet, making some plays and good forechecker. I wouldn't mind seeing him bumped up the top line. put Sutter to center the 3rd with Roussel and Motte create a checking line. Demote Jake to the 4th to wake him up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

What? McDavid had a lot of chances last night. He just didn't convert. 

Im a die hard Canuck fan too. But I am not so homer that i can't recognize skill and talent from other players not wearing a Canucks jersey

So they don't count then.   Petey had chances tonight and didn't convert.  Cross bar, broken sticks. 

Some are McDavid homers.  I'm not one of them, that's all.  He's only as great as his team's results because it is a team game and sometimes they fail, miserably.  And he gets to own that part too.  I hate his whining, doesn't fare well with me.  I don't for a second dispute his talent...he's amazing.  But I don't care, that's all.   Not into arguing...hockey's back and it's not why I do it.   Cheers.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I’m not fine with it.

But i feel like green is giving him false hope that he can be a top 6 player.

His role needs to be a bottom 6 energy guy. As soon as he accepts that role and stops thinking he’s a skilled offensive player, the sooner he can simplify his game and play effectively. Or he doesn’t play.

Did you watch Utica last year? 

7 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Let this be a lesson to all the young guns out there who believe spending night after night drinking and partying can be "a problem'" !

So what are you saying? Jake for Ho-Sang? Logan Brown? 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

We absolutely feasted on teams like Detroit. Couldn't generate anything against teams that understood defense. Been that way ever since Newell has coached. He's the perfect PP coach against trash teams. 

is this confirmation bias or do the numbers bear it out? and then how does it compare to the rest of the league (because, uh, yeah, teams are going to.do better against worse defenses)?