The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Dude, i was the biggest 99 and 66 fan, but no one has ever even come close to the skill and athletism as 97.   The closest player today is Mckinnon but even hed say 97 is a level on his own

Not to mention people should just look up McDavid highlights and then utter the phrase "he doesn't make passes like a wizard" and try not to feel like an idiot. The guy makes some ridiculous passes all of the time. Half of his high lite reel plays are assists. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

AHL vs NHL though.

Lots of players produce in the AHL and struggle in the NHL. I haven’t seen anything in his game that screams top 6 yet.

Absolutely. But he's not making plays in the AHL because he's given an abundance of free time. He was making plays with guys dragged all over him, playing in tough areas, sniping, etc. 

He was pushed into a bottom line role last year and still produced at a crazy pace per toi.

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Dude, i was the biggest 99 and 66 fan, but no one has ever even come close to the skill and athletism as 97.   The closest player today is Mckinnon but even hed say 97 is a level on his own

Disagree.  I bet A lot of these guys are better athletes than 66 and 99 it’s just the times.  Nutrition, equipment, exercise science have advanced. 

Mario at his peak had eyes on the back of his head and a remote control on the puck.  Not only that he was like 6 foot 5.  

McD is pure power but isn’t at the same level

when it comes to utilizing his team mates and seeing the ice.  Maybe he gets better and surpasses them one day but not right now. 

edit: it’s easy to declare mcd as the greatest of all time after he picks apart Ol man edler tonight.. I’m just looking at the whole body of work lol 

Edited by Darius
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

I hate to say this but LE21 might be an upgrade over Jake atm. Louie could of helped on the pk at the very least. 

That smells of Desperation !   Your talking about Loui here (the guy that scored his first goal with the Canucks - on the Canucks!!!)   

I’ve been saying for a few years now....jakes gotta go.  I got ripped apart every time for mentioning it.   Jake needs to go!   
unmotivated and lazy, with flashes of excitement .  Zero consistency!  I hope he gets traded this season, especially with podz coming in!

Edited by sassbs
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Most overrated player in the league, being compared to the GOATS in this thread.  Crosby, Ovechkin, MacKinnon, Kucherov, and Hedman are all better than a crybaby who's a born loser.

says you? im a go ahead and agree with all the nhl panelists who all have him at #1or2

Here's the thing:  people throw out the word "homer" like it's some sort of ace in the hole...it's not.  It's ok to not fawn all over other teams...I simply don't care how good they are.  I care how good my team is.  Don't get me wrong, I love hockey and when my team's not involved, sure.  But when they are...those other guys are the enemy.  I'm not going to sing their praises.  They have their own homers for that.  

Especially a guy who took a run at Hughes at the end of the game last night because he was butthurt on his birthday.  "Best" is defined in a lot of different ways.  The best make those around them better and until the Oilers are ahead of us, they're not.   He's a whiny player and that takes points off for me.  I think MacKinnon's better.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

If there was one single team to not give PPs to, it wouldn’t be Tampa, not Boston, not Vegas, not the Avs. It’s this team. I hate seeing the Canucks play this team more than any other by far because they’re not even a team. They’re carried by two players with RNH seemingly only chipping in against us. They’re an NBA team in the NHL. 

One player along with the Canucks playing pretty poorly is what won them that game. 

Depsite that in the second period it could’ve easily been 4-4 heading into the third. They had so many chances. Petey hit the crossbar. Boeser almost completely overpowered Koskinen’s glove. Gaudette would’ve scored had he not been tied up by McDavid. Plus the barrage of point shots that ended up in rebounds. 

Special teams and goaltending was the difference this game. Feel much better playing any other team in the division.

Edited by Wilfred
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Disagree.  I bet A lot of these guys are better athletes than 66 and 99 it’s just the times.  Nutrition, equipment, exercise science have advanced. 

Mario at his peak had eyes on the back of his head and a remote control on the puck.  Not only that he was like 6 foot 5.  

McD is pure power but isn’t at the same level

when it comes to utilizing his team mates and seeing the ice.  Maybe he gets better and surpasses them one day but not right now.