The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Ethan Bear and Nurse are the Oilers top 2 dmans ?  

gg season. Edmonton.  wow....

I'd argue the only 2 NHLers they have are Nurse and Larsson.  None of their other pylons can play a lick of defense.  Bear's a 2nd pairing guy on a bad AHL team.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Wat 1

its the yamamoto show now

2 hours ago, Davathor said:

I said something similar in the oilers subreddit and was responded to by a wave of tears and "reported" 

take away ONE of mcdavid or draisaitl and that team is a dumpster fire falling off the springfield gorge

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Haha 1

NICE FIRST GAME... but hey fans lots of hockey of course to come...playing smart hockey and keeping versatile and injury free is the key here...the hockey games are sloppy for now and things will ramp up triple what you saw tonite...games are all like all star games it seems...more hits and more emotion will come down the road....

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'd argue the only 2 NHLers they have are Nurse and Larsson.  None of their other pylons can play a lick of defense.  Bear's a 2nd pairing guy on a bad AHL team.

Larsson was horrible last night. Hope he plays the same today:lol:

IMO if there were fans the game may have got "rough" I suspect this game will be much different, more hitting, scrums and penalties.

You could see the embarrassment and disappointment in McDavid's and others face's.

Last night they were sloppy and it was obvious they spent too much time trying to set McD up

Edler would be a cornerstone defenseman on that team. Mind you there were times when the Canucks showed their slip.

• Wat 1

The players I was looking for this game were Mostly, Hoglander, Virtanen, Gaudette, and Juolevi. If those 4 end up being impact players, then this team is DEEP.

Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Horvat, Pearson, Hoglander, Virtanen, and Gaudette???? Thats 8 legit impact forwards. If Juolevi plays even just pretty well, that's not a bad 3 D Pairings.

Combine that with Demko and Holtby? Yeah this team can make a run.