StealthNuck

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Bo just loves playing in Edmonton.

Boeser also has the most points against the Oilers than any other team. I feel both Horvat and Boeser enjoy playing against the Oilers and come up big in these divisional games.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Ethan Bear and Nurse are the Oilers top 2 dmans ?  

gg season. Edmonton.  wow....

I said something similar in the oilers subreddit and was responded to by a wave of tears and "reported" 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Davathor said:

I said something similar in the oilers subreddit and was responded to by a wave of tears and "reported" 

Oilers fans are delusional - they still believe they are in their dynasty period 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Ethan Bear and Nurse are the Oilers top 2 dmans ?  

gg season. Edmonton.  wow....

I'd argue the only 2 NHLers they have are Nurse and Larsson.  None of their other pylons can play a lick of defense.  Bear's a 2nd pairing guy on a bad AHL team.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Wat 1

its the yamamoto show now

2 hours ago, Davathor said:

take away ONE of mcdavid or draisaitl and that team is a dumpster fire falling off the springfield gorge

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Haha 1

NICE FIRST GAME... but hey fans lots of hockey of course to come...playing smart hockey and keeping versatile and injury free is the key here...the hockey games are sloppy for now and things will ramp up triple what you saw tonite...games are all like all star games it seems...more hits and more emotion will come down the road....

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

its the yamamoto show now

take away ONE of mcdavid or draisaitl and that team is a dumpster fire falling off the springfield gorge

yamamoto got destroyed by hits and crosschecks hes to tiny 

• Hydration 3

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'd argue the only 2 NHLers they have are Nurse and Larsson.  None of their other pylons can play a lick of defense.  Bear's a 2nd pairing guy on a bad AHL team.

Larsson was horrible last night. Hope he plays the same today:lol:

IMO if there were fans the game may have got "rough" I suspect this game will be much different, more hitting, scrums and penalties.

You could see the embarrassment and disappointment in McDavid's and others face's.

Last night they were sloppy and it was obvious they spent too much time trying to set McD up

Edler would be a cornerstone defenseman on that team. Mind you there were times when the Canucks showed their slip.

• Wat 1

8 hours ago, FijianCanuck said:

I expect 7 goals tmw playing against the coilers d. Quest for the perfect season continues

2 of them coming from the Brocket and 1 from the Hog. For the rest of the perfect season. How many goals is that for them? I dunno. You do the math!

The players I was looking for this game were Mostly, Hoglander, Virtanen, Gaudette, and Juolevi. If those 4 end up being impact players, then this team is DEEP.

Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Horvat, Pearson, Hoglander, Virtanen, and Gaudette???? Thats 8 legit impact forwards. If Juolevi plays even just pretty well, that's not a bad 3 D Pairings.

Combine that with Demko and Holtby? Yeah this team can make a run.

I do worry about Haminoc a little coming into this game. I think he did a pretty good job last fending mcdavid off, but hasn't really had a proper training camp. Nothing like backtoback games to get your legs goin again. 

• Like 1