The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 hours ago, iceman64 said:

tied for 1st overall! WoOoOoT!!

Nate looked great! and the Flow does it again! 

And Hoglander? 1st game, 1st goal? NICE! can't ask for more than that, wait.. minus the huggy bear scare! (heart in throat) Yikes... 

WTG boys! 7-3 with TJ Miller in the line up? probably! 

ok so we're in 4th from GA and GF but we'll take it  ;)

Bastards at Sportsnet.

JT, not TJ. 

Just now, flat land fish said:

McDavid skated 26 minutes last night how much will be left in the tank for the second half of the back to back?  Also anyone who complains about our d core could you imagine trading what we have for Edmonton’s top 6?

I was thinking last night if I was the GM of Edmonton how tough that job would be. You can't trade McDavid, ownership and the fan base would crucify you. 

Despite what a huge haul it could bring. Only thing I could think of is be like Nashville. Start drafting a couple of goalies, and the rest defensemen. Build from the net out. 

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Davathor said:

Maybe hold onto it ubtil I'm done celvrartubf this victory 

I googled and google translated celvrartubf.  

I think Kool & his Gang need to change the words:  "Celvrartubf good times, come on"  :towel:

I'm so excited that we have ANOTHER game tonight...good thing I have to work and can focus for the lonnnnng wait!

Hope we build off last night's game...momentum early on with young guys is a good thing.  Builds confidence.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Should be a hell of a game tonight!

I predict a tighter game. Oilers will be looking to fix those defensive lapses they were making last night. That was not the way they wanted to start the season.

3-2 Nux.

Bo

Petey

And Eddie with the GWG!

3 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Tired legs, going to be difficult but let's start the season with a statement. 3-1 Canucks.

I think it's 4-1 for us.

Even without JT we have 8  who have scored 20 goals or have paced for it over the last 2seasons.  Oilers just don't have that depth. They seldom win without both of them scoring multiple points, I think the boys shut down a tired #97 and #29. 

If Edmonton can somehow tighten up their D it’s gonna be a tougher game tonight.

I’m excited to see Demko tonight. I think the competition is going to be great. Thought Holtby was fantastic. Looks so calm in the net. Almost too calm, what a skill to have 

13 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I think it's 4-1 for us.

Even without JT we have 8  who have scored 20 goals or have paced for it over the last 2seasons.  Oilers just don't have that depth. They seldom win without both of them scoring multiple points, I think the boys shut down a tired #97 and #29. 

Oilers won't be tired but they will be a tad desperate because they have seen this show before. Game 2 is not desperation time but some will view it that way. If the fans had been in the stands last night I suspect some booing in the Oiler d-zone. All this said I think the Van d-core plays even better with a game under their belts. Hamonic did very well considering his lack of play. They will watch film this morning and fine tune. Yes McDavid hit a post but so did JV. The Oilers had how many PP's? The Canucks carried the play for much of the game. 

• Cheers 1