The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

No it isn't. They were spending minutes passing around our zone all night.  He is trying to slow down the pace. It's what they are taught to do when their team is getting constantly hemmed in their own zone because they are tired.

I get that, but with 1 second left and not much in the way of immediate pressure (two defenders near him as well iirc) I would've thought running out the clock would be the easier way to slow the pace.

I'm by no means blaming him for the goal. Its simply unfortunate that what was an odd choice (in my mind) came home to roost so ferociously.

• Like 1

Just now, FlyLow_ said:

No defending at all that period, change the players out and they all still look lost on the cycle in the defensive zone. I'll never stop saying it, can't have a guy that was a terrible d-man running the defense.

Yeah our team defense has been horrible for a few years now. We used to have eliteeee team defense for a long time. Our reliance on goaltending is absolutely crazy. 

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I keep internally supporting him and hoping for his surge toward becoming a quality player, but this is his last contract if he remains the same as always.  

I know, it's only game 2, but with all the buzz around "he came to camp in the best shape ever" it's gonna be time to show it with conaistency before the end of this season.

Pretty low bar though.