Sign in to follow this  
SNuck

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

In the old days when we had to endure more of the leaf arse kissers doing the play by play during national broadcasts I would mute my tube TV and tune into CKNW and listen to Jimmy Robson do the play by play.  Sometimes it was tough because there would be a delay, but once in a while you would get it just right, and you could avoid leafgasms all night...(like YAMAMAMAMAMOTO last night)

 

But lets give the guy a chance.  I have no problem with him (even though he could use some more refining).  

 

At least we didnt have to see HRUDEY!

Kelly climbed into a giant bottle of Jack Daniels before he got covidfat, and now they're trying to figure out how they can get him out for broadcasts. I suggest they turn it into a segment where Elliot Friedman tries to get him out with a giant napkin and a stick of butter, you know, like a bar bet kind of thing.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darius said:

In the old days when we had to endure more of the leaf arse kissers doing the play by play during national broadcasts I would mute my tube TV and tune into CKNW and listen to Jimmy Robson do the play by play.  Sometimes it was tough because there would be a delay, but once in a while you would get it just right, and you could avoid leafgasms all night...(like YAMAMAMAMAMOTO last night)

 

But lets give the guy a chance.  I have no problem with him (even though he could use some more refining).  

 

At least we didnt have to see HRUDEY!

That YAMAMAMAMOTO call was cringe worthy to be honest.  If it's your first play by play game, just keep things simple.  Don't go out trying to force a dramatic call just for the sake of doing it.  The guys that make the dramatic and memorable calls have been doing play by play for years.  They know when the moment calls for it.  Their voices are embedded in the minds of all of us. 

 

"HE WILL PLAY! YOU KNOW HE WILL PLAY! HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES!......"

 

"THEY'VE SLAYED THE DRAGON!!"

 

"SIDNEY CROSBY! WITH THE GOLDEN GOAL!!!"

 

Heck, I bet most of us can hear the call from Buffalo "MAY DAY! MAY DAY!"

 

I'm sorry, but "YAMAMAMAMOTO!" was so awkward lol

  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Aware that you are just posting news, but was there any question that Demmer would play today? 

Pretty rare for a goalie to play back to backs, even more so when they are supposed to be a tandem. Only way I could see it is if Holts posted an easy SO last night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'd argue the only 2 NHLers they have are Nurse and Larsson.  None of their other pylons can play a lick of defense.  Bear's a 2nd pairing guy on a bad AHL team.

tends to happen with McD and Dri taking up that kind of cap space, not a lot left over... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Great result last night. I thought Jake played awful for the first two periods, but really turned things around in the third. He started making better plays, faster. 

I think he was on his fone in that second intermission reading CDC and saw my post saying "He's playing himself off the team" and turned his intensity up a notch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

If Boeser has his shot back and when Miller gets back this team will have one of the top 5 1st lines and depth to go with it. Depth on Defense Depth on Offense and Depth in goal

We might even have the Greatest Captain in the League

 

I predict a win tomorrow and a fun season to come 

So much for a step  back hey? that was b.s. and I love how Bo responded to the step back statement the media told him about... He knows we didn't and can't wait to prove it by the looks of things! 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'd argue the only 2 NHLers they have are Nurse and Larsson.  None of their other pylons can play a lick of defense.  Bear's a 2nd pairing guy on a bad AHL team.

Bear, Koekoek, Barrie, Jones, Nurse and Larsson.  That is worse than what we had in the depths of our rebuild.   And they have a bottom 5 goaltending tandem to go along with it.  I feel for McDavid and Drai.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Bear, Koekoek, Barrie, Jones, Nurse and Larsson.  That is worse than what we had in the depths of our rebuild.   And they have a bottom 5 goaltending tandem to go along with it.  I feel for McDavid and Drai.

That patchwork defense is just pathetic. The Soilers are in for another crap season. If either one of their star forwards wants to win, they're going to have to do it elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That patchwork defense is just pathetic. The Soilers are in for another crap season. If either one of their star forwards wants to win, they're going to have to do it elsewhere. 

How long before one of those two wants out? Edmonton is a horrible place to leave, almost as bad as their defence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Classic Bieksa when he accused Freidman of dying his hair. Breath of fresh air IMHO. Old Eliot looked pretty grey during the CUP finals with his beard. That grey went pretty high on the scalp. All that aside who the h*ll is Kevin B. getting to cut his hair. Looked like they were going to scalp him and changed their minds.   

I want a mohawk. Wait!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crimson said:

That's great news.  Last night's play calling was brutal.

I am not sure what was happening last night with the broadcast. It felt like a few people called in sick and they were like "is anyone in the broadcasting class around". 

 

On a side note, the Joey Moss tribute and story was great. I grew up with that story, so much class from the organization. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

How long before one of those two wants out? Edmonton is a horrible place to leave, almost as bad as their defence. 

At the end of the season, when they miss the playoffs again. How can they want to stay, when the team is mostly comprised of bargain basement signings? 

 

Edmonton sadly is the victim of it's own geography. 

  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That patchwork defense is just pathetic. The Soilers are in for another crap season. If either one of their star forwards wants to win, they're going to have to do it elsewhere. 

On those contracts in this covid cap crunch period and with a likely flat cap for a while and only marginal increases unless economies rebound massively post covid chances are they will struggle to win anywhere 

  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

At the end of the season, when they miss the playoffs again. How can they want to stay, when the team is mostly comprised of bargain basement signings? 

 

Edmonton sadly is the victim of it's own geography. 

As well as mismanaging their drafts, assets, stars and on and on. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UKNuck96 said:

On those contracts in this covid cap crunch period and with a likely flat cap for a while and only marginal increases unless economies rebound massively post covid chances are they will struggle to win anywhere 

Good point. I'm sure if Holland received word that McDingbat wanted a trade, he'd be able to get an colossal return for him though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.