The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Hamonic hasn't been the issue.

Sometimes you just gotta give credit. #97 is a beast. The rest of the Oil have done squat.

Yeah but Hughes got caught puck watching there. He didn't even notice McD till it was too late.

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Do you honestly believe ebery team in the league doesn't try that?  Why in the world didn't Green think about that?  It's so crazy it just might work

Works pretty good when teams do it. It happens a surprisingly little amount. You'd be surprised. I watch 40+ Oiler games every season. When he goes through his slumps it's usually because teams are deploying this strategy. Good defensive players like Toews, Kesler, etc. really get to him this way. 

I think we should ease off on the PP gilling a bit. Its not scoring, but I see new ideas there, and clearly they have been working on it in practice. Petey has a new fake shot slap pass that looks like it could work. And if he does that, then they never know if he's gonna pass or shoot. Looks like Huggy is working on that shot from the point too. No, we haven't scored, but I like seeing this new look. It will work once ironed out.