The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

11 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Virtanen is so &^@#ing bad

Yep.   I've been on the fence about Lazy Jake for the past three years (actually leaning more towards trading him) but after last year he did show some improvement - to be fair. So if he continues that improvement and gets another 38+ points he's probably still of some value but I still don't think he'll ever be a top line player because he lacks a 2 way game and is hard-programmed to be a shooter - NOT a playmaker or back checking forward.

12 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Yep.   I've been on the fence about Lazy Jake for the past three years (actually leaning more towards trading him) but after last year he did show some improvement - to be fair. So if he continues that improvement and gets another 38+ points he's probably still of some value but I still don't think he'll ever be a top line player because he lacks a 2 way game and is hard-programmed to be a shooter - NOT a playmaker or back checking forward.

Just now, Patrick Jane said:

Chariot was all over matthews. don't think were doing that enough on mcdavid.

Remember a few years back when they put dorsett on him and made him miserable.  They are giving him too much respect. You will never stop that guy completely but at least make him work for it 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Just now, bree2 said:

we were 4th on the power play last season. we are really missing Miller right now!

I hate that number. It's a great case of stats lie.

We feasted on 4-5 teams going a combined 28/37 or some insane number like that and it jumped our average a ton. I cared enough to add it all up last year when people kept trotting that out.

Against the rest we were dismal.

• Wat 1