The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

"Offensive player". He is a defensive liability....bottom 1% of the league.

No... just no... 

He hasn't been a defensive liability since his first season. He's actually pretty good defensively. 

13 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Virtanen is so &^@#ing bad

Yep.   I've been on the fence about Lazy Jake for the past three years (actually leaning more towards trading him) but after last year he did show some improvement - to be fair. So if he continues that improvement and gets another 38+ points he's probably still of some value but I still don't think he'll ever be a top line player because he lacks a 2 way game and is hard-programmed to be a shooter - NOT a playmaker or back checking forward.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Jane said:

Mcdavid making us look stupid

They don't call him the best player in the world for nothing. Guy makes many teams look silly, and he's on a mission to avenge his performance last night.

Besides not being able to contain their best player, we've done not so bad overall. Looking forward to the 3rd.

3 minutes ago, brownky said:

Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr have all retired.

McDavid isn't fit to carry their jocks.

None of which acted like a little ______.
(word left out to avoid offending someone somewhere for something..) 

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Remember a few years back when they put dorsett on him and made him miserable.  They are giving him too much respect. You will never stop that guy completely but at least make him work for it 

Every time he touches the puck near anybody, he gets hit.

That's 'the' rule. It doesn't have to be a crushing open ice blowout, and probably shouldn't because *when* it misses they'll look dumb. A shoulder rubout, even a light bump. Anything to make him know that every time he touches the puck near a Canuck, he gets hit.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, T-Bo said:

Flames got doused tonight.

Markstrom looks entirely not right in such blasphemous colours. 

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1
6 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Everyone needs to chill. The best hockey player to have ever played the game is on a mission tonight to win. We are bound to let in goals and look stupid.

Didn't see Wayne out there

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Marky: I’m sorry to say it, but I’m glad ya lost out to the Jets. I gave out an almost involuntary cheer while watchin’ that OT goal go in. 

So weird, but it is what it is.  

Edited by viking mama