The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

People are acting like we're not getting chances. Yea we miss JT but I'm liking the zone time. Couple broken sticks, a post, to early to panic yet.

well normally he makes lil to no mistakes and buries his chances so obviously we miss that.. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

I’m not following how you get a four point swing from that. 

usually we play inside and outside our division. Those inside are worth more. So the only way this is a four point swing is if every night is a four point swing which makes every night the same and the idea of a four point swing meaningless. Two points on the table every night. 

...I think. If I’m wrong I’ll happily admit it once I see it but I’m pretty sure you are. 

Let’s say with the first game win we finish with 60 points and the Oilers finish with 57, 3 points behind us.

Had they won the first game we’d have 58 points and they’d have 59, 1 up on us.

That one game has a 4 point swing.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

stupid sportsnet pacific cant sync their damn audio, we have to be tortured into listening to the grease broadcast. 

Jason Strudwick is fighting a losing battle with his hairline and some guy with no neck doing the intermission. sighhhhhh

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

stupid sportsnet pacific cant sync their damn audio, we have to be tortured into listening to the grease broadcast. 

Jason Strudwick is fighting a losing battle with his hairline and some guy with no neck doing the intermission. sighhhhhh

They're calling the game what it looks like remotely, so J&J are in Vancouver watching a feed, and then the PBP call follows the video by transmission latency.

It happen(s/ed) a lot with soccer in Europe, especially the english feeds for Italian etc leagues.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Let’s say with the first game win we finish with 60 points and the Oilers finish with 57, 3 points behind us.

Had they won the first game we’d have 58 points and they’d have 59, 1 up on us.

That one game has a 4 point swing.

Fair enough.  

But that’s true of literally every game we play this season. 

So Debs assertion that tonight is a four point swing is meaningless this year, because every game is exactly the same, no?