The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Oh god. :picard:

Rick Ball isn’t bad but Cassie Campbell is absolutely brutal to listen to. A huge Calgary homer as well. 

Yeah I can't stand her. What was that term she made up last year for Markstrom? Then blamed every goal he let in on her new term? She tries way too hard to catch something and make it a 'thing' 

I guess I'll take Cassie over Stewart, but that's like choosing getting kicked in the nuts or stung by a wasp in the nuts. 

• Haha 3
  • Wat 1

I have to admit that last game managed to get me crankier than I would have thought possible...especially given that it was game 2 of 56...and that the result was largely due to the best hockey player on the planet deciding to go medieval on our team. 

A good result tonight would be greatly appreciated boys and I hope the performance will be more indicative of the team that many of us think we have.

Lots of talk of Jake I see. I’ve been a patient supporter of his for a long time. But I think my patience has just about reached it’s shelf life.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Yeah I can't stand her. What was that term she made up last year for Markstrom? Then blamed every goal he let in on her new term? She tries way too hard to catch something and make it a 'thing' 

I guess I'll take Cassie over Stewart, but that's like choosing getting kicked in the nuts or stung by a wasp in the nuts. 

remember 'her rant at the all -star game

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

The obvious counter to such argument is Burrows, many moons ago. Chemistry can be a funny, unpredictable animal.

I gotta feelin' it might surprise...

Agreed.  Roussel has great hockey sense, is a puck hound and has veteran experience.  He a lot like Burr, who was never thought of as a top 6 player either.  Still a few games to fill in until JT gets back, so why not give him a try?

SN showing a replay of the 2011 game 7 vs Chicago.

Unreal hockey.    The battle, the pace, the puck movement = as good as it gets.

Up there with those matchups with the Redwings in their heyday.

Probably good video for the young players to watch / aspire to.

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Agreed.  Roussel has great hockey sense, is a puck hound and has veteran experience.  He a lot like Burr, who was never thought of as a top 6 player either.  Still a few games to fill in until JT gets back, so why not give him a try?

whoever it is there - they need to have a 'bottom 6' quality game without the puck - otherwise Gaudette could be a decent option as someone else has suggested (although credit to Gaudette - he does look like he's taken another 'step'.)

Edited by oldnews

Too early(folks) for all us conscientious geniuses to fix things. Every reasonable pro(aside from that McDevil) & grinder is gettin' kinks out. When they stumble, next game just means they'd best be dancin'.

Get to 10 games with 11, 12 pts(all I ask). Then analysis has some rhyme/reason...

20 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I’m watching it as well, man the atmosphere is unreal. I miss it so much and I can’t wait to get back to the rink to cheer on this team. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, oldnews said:

didnt know about it, just turned it on. decided to put this jersey on for it too! :towel:

IMG_2026.thumb.jpg.1ffd063cd15786b0b61d7d8ab99c2458.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Oh good....glad we get a guy from an hour and a half out of Calgary to ref our game.  Should be fine....

Wouldn't read too much into it.  A certain guy from Richmond has a history of intentionally rigging games involving us, and not in our favour.

• Cheers 3

33 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Imagine someone wearing wasp covered boots kicking you in the sac. That’s gotta hurt!

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

That’s all well and good but her voice is the part we have to listen to. I like her from her playing days and respect her career. However her voice is nails on a chalkboard for me. My opinion (which I feel I should mention is not tainted by sexism before someone inevitably accuses me of it). I’m sure there are lots of worthy candidates with all the right knowledge and acumen, but if you don’t have the voice for it that’s kindof a dealbreaker. 

I like the home town boys, Shorty and Garrett. Used to enjoy the hot stove they used to run between periods. Really miss Don Cherry. A little politically incorrect BS never hurt. He might have been a Flamer but I thought the interview with Jerome Iginla was pretty good the other day.  

Like many others, I like Shorty and Garrett as well. I find the first requirement of PBP announcer is the right voice. The year that TSN did the PBP I remember switching to the Punjabi station (and I was not alone). They've done such a great job, that it's hard to listen to someone else. Up until this year, I've followed by radio, and you can totally visualize the play as it unfolds with those two on the call. I ordered the hockey package this year, but a little disappointed on the audio sync. I imagine they will fix it.... or I will cancel.