The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya  happy we got hamonic schmidt big upgrades tanev most overrated dman ever

He’s a very smart defenseman, probably one of the most positionally aware in the game, but he moved on.

I just don’t cheer for Flames players. I gives me a rash. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Sad state of affairs when we all must child-proof an opinion with layers of bubble-wrap! :^(

I couldn’t agree with you more. But here we are. Easier to preface my opinion with a disclaimer than have to defend it for the next 2 hours and then be called out for that as well. ::D

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Should be an epic 2 games!

EP needs to win some face offs and get his mojo going

Hoping they keep 2nd line together, give Hog some time.

Shelter the 3rd line with lots of offensive starts

4th line has been great imho, expensive but effective.

Lets count how many times the flames go wide outside on OJ to test his pivot speed

Go Canucks Go

Pre game nap time

Well Jimbo started out just draftin'/ & we're proud that they're a rebuilt-plan!

& the press, they come a'callin'..slap Green on the back, & he says

Puhleeeee hee hee he heez x2

Tryin' to make some Sens of it all..but can see no one wants 2 cents at all :^)

Is it cool, Jake's foot stuck in the door?

& Millsy, wearin' mask & feelin' sore

Clowns to the left of Pete, Boeser to the right

Here we are, stuck in a bubble all blue

(slide interlude)...

edit: Enjoy the game folks..off to the mtns for a day..Peace

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Cheers 3

53 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Too early(folks) for all us conscientious geniuses to fix things. Every reasonable pro(aside from that McDevil) & grinder is gettin' kinks out. When they stumble, next game just means they'd best be dancin'.

Get to 10 games with 11, 12 pts(all I ask). Then analysis has some rhyme/reason...

I'm in fine form already :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

I have to admit that last game managed to get me crankier than I would have thought possible...especially given that it was game 2 of 56...and that the result was largely due to the best hockey player on the planet deciding to go medieval on our team. 

A good result tonight would be greatly appreciated boys and I hope the performance will be more indicative of the team that many of us think we have.

Lots of talk of Jake I see. I’ve been a patient supporter of his for a long time. But I think my patience has just about reached it’s shelf life.

Same. Its a frustrating way to lose to a rival when its 1 guy - the very best - singlehandedly beating you. 

Even then our special teams still had a chance to make the difference, along with more assertive defensive play.

Both our special teams & defense (especially net front) are going to have to be alot better tonight to beat this Calgary team, they have more than just 1 player who can score. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

29 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What did you say about Cassie? You don’t like her voice? What!!!!??? Do all female voices offend you, Mr. Cis/White toxic Masculinity?????

I can’t believe this. I am so offended I’m going to go on Twitter and vent! My outrage has rights and privileges. Well, as long as I don’t take that outrage privilege away from other outrages. 

28 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Imagine someone wearing wasp covered boots kicking you in the sac. That’s gotta hurt!

you're off your game Phil.  but thank you for leaving room for more outrage privelege.

Cuz I can't believe you missed the opportunity to call out the wasp undertones.  I mean come on - Stewart is black and Cassie is a woman...

a 'whole nother level' of WTM!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

you're off your game Phil.  but thank you for leaving room for more outrage privelege.

Cuz I can't believe you missed the opportunity to call out the wasp undertones.  I mean come on - Stewart is black and Cassie is a woman...

Check yer privilege

Isn't this the Canucks defeat Markstrom game-day thread?

What happened here? LOL

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I left that wasp reference for anyone to take advantage of. Trying to spread the wealth.